This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2009

Send a message via Yahoo to XxEnslavedNekoxX
Default American Dad

A show by FAmily Guy creator Seth McFarlane, the show centers around CIA Agent Stan Smith and his family which consists of his wife Francine who does the cooking and cleaning, his daughter Hayley who always goes against most of Stan's wishes and is seen as the buzzkill, his son Steve who just can't seem to win his father's affections much less get a girl to like him, Roger who is an alien that lives with the family, and Clause who is a German trapped in the body of a goldfish.

This show seemed to take itself more seriously in the first season, but has become more light hearted as seasons have past. It's a fun, quirky show, so feel free to discuss whatever you want in this thread.

I'll go first because it's kind of a burning question:

Is Roger a boy or a girl?

I know it would seem pretty obvious, but as I think more and more I'm not so sure if Roger can really be defined into just one gender. Below are the reasons for each gender he could be.

Roger as a girl:
He seems to have a liquid substance that seems to pop up atleast once every season.
He likes dressing up as a girl and get's offended when he isn't seen as pretty
He's become a harlot for a middle easter man
He's offered his body to Stan more than once

Roger as a boy:
Dress's like a boy
sounds like a boy
Went after Steve's first girlfriend Debbie

There are other reasons such as Roger drinking alot and being manipulative, but categorizing those into a gender probably wouldn't be the best course of action so I'm just going to let those float around the room. What do you think? Is Roger a boy, a girl, or possibly both?
Old 05-29-2009

Blurb: Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!

LOL @ caring about American Dad.
Old 05-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyLilithborne View Post
LOL @ caring about American Dad.
I don't have tv so I was watching it on hulu to pass the time and the thought popped up in my head lol
Old 05-29-2009

Send a message via MSN to roxasabridged

I just assumed he's a guy... What with being called Rodger and all...

What's with the golden turd gag though? If I remember right, Rodger made it and then everyone who finds it gets killed by someone, regrets it, gets killed, repeat.
Old 05-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxasabridged View Post
I just assumed he's a guy... What with being called Rodger and all...

What's with the golden turd gag though? If I remember right, Rodger made it and then everyone who finds it gets killed by someone, regrets it, gets killed, repeat.
I dunno, I never got that joke either. I hear it was a side joke to King Midas though.
Old 05-30-2009

Blurb: "check out this guy, he's got a metal beard"
Send a message via MSN to maisetofan

um well yeah, i am up to the most recent episode of american dad and the golden turd saga continues to have an unknown ending, except for people dying

lol

Roger owns :D
he does not know if he is bi or gay lol
Old 05-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisetofan View Post
um well yeah, i am up to the most recent episode of american dad and the golden turd saga continues to have an unknown ending, except for people dying

lol

I don't think he even knows what gender he is lol. But yes, he's a good character. Though my favorite is Clause. Now I want a german goldfish. XD
Old 05-31-2009

I love this show, though I think the last season wasn't as good. Way to many Roger episodes. I like Roger, but I don't want to see episodes about him all the time. I especially like the really dark episodes.
Old 06-02-2009

oooh i love the roger episodes, i find the steve ones kinda boring lolz

the latest episode where roger thought he was getting invited to a frat party and it turned out he was being taken to a pig party, as one of the pigs, kinda horrible but funny
Old 06-02-2009

Quote:

lol

I just figured out the golden turd came from Roger in one of the earlier episodes. So it's more of a side story now from where I'm sittin instead of a gag. That episode is now on hulu in the first season. It's the same episode where Stan and Francine meet their two iranian neighbors.
Old 06-02-2009

lol the golden turd was in the first season as a rip off of ET when roger fell off the bike that steve was riding, hence the begginning of the golden turn saga which incorporates its way into various episodes

i still think season four is the best so far :)
hayley going in a big rage every-time she has a break up lolz and dating her fathers body double, that was gold :D
Old 06-03-2009

Quote:
lol the golden turd was in the first season as a rip off of ET when roger fell off the bike that steve was riding, hence the begginning of the golden turn saga which incorporates its way into various episodes

i still think season four is the best so far :)
hayley going in a big rage every-time she has a break up lolz and dating her fathers body double, that was gold :D
Yeah I just figured that out. I saw the later episode so I was at a loss with the turd joke. But yeah Hayley is great too. Her breakups are awesome. The episode where she breaks up with Jeff and then he turns around and gets into online gaming, that was an excellent episode. The one where she becomes a stripper was great too. XD
Old 06-05-2009

yeah the stripper one was funny oh and in season one where she sleeps with bullock, thats hilarious ahhahaah

"you saw his shoes" lolz

i like the later episodes though
Francine and roger get up to some crazy stuffs
Old 06-05-2009

Yes, I think the show has gotten better as it's gotten older myself. I think it took itself too seriously at the begining.
Old 06-06-2009

it really did, now in season four its so hilarious
Old 06-07-2009

I actually think it exceeds Family Guy. Its a way better show.
Old 06-07-2009

I think so too. Don't get me wrong, I love family guy, but I think American dad is just a better more well rounded show.
Old 06-08-2009

same here :) way better in my opinion, family guy humor gets old and the same scene is played for a such a long time
Old 06-08-2009

I forgot about the one where roger get's steve pregnant. I just watched that episode on Hulu today XD

Let's talk about Roger's disguises! Which one do you like best?
Old 06-12-2009

oooh the sexual harassment one, you know the one where he is all dolled up and then dresses up as a guy who is accused of sexually harassing the girl roger

i also liked Stanely, who is in the fourth season as rogers alter ego
Old 06-12-2009
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to MagicOPromotion
Default American Dad

There are some good things about American Dad. The show can be funny at times for me. I just dont like too many of the characters. They annoy me too much and are 10xs more stupid they any character in Family Guy.
Old 06-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicOPromotion View Post
There are some good things about American Dad. The show can be funny at times for me. I just dont like too many of the characters. They annoy me too much and are 10xs more stupid they any character in Family Guy.
IMO I think the characters in American Dad have more Personality than the ones in Family Guy
Old 06-12-2009

Quote:
oooh the sexual harassment one, you know the one where he is all dolled up and then dresses up as a guy who is accused of sexually harassing the girl roger

i also liked Stanely, who is in the fourth season as rogers alter ego
Hah, I was going to say the same thing XD The one where he dressed up as Lestat to get Steve's girlfriend was awesome too.

Also, I don't think anyone can get dumber than Peter Griffon. He takes the cake IMO.
Old 06-12-2009

yes i agree, he is very dumb but then can come out with very profound sayings
its odd, i still despise him though, and i prefer american dad over family guy any day of the week :D
Old 06-15-2009

Quote:
yes i agree, he is very dumb but then can come out with very profound sayings
its odd, i still despise him though, and i prefer american dad over family guy any day of the week :D
It could be that alot of people have grown a little bit bored. Granted in family guy there is point a and point b, but it's more wackyness and at times, doesn't seem to flow well. But I think that's what we all loved at one point. In American Dad, everything is pretty much consistant.
Besides, you kinda loose interest in things when you can't watch it. Hulu only have 5 episodes and Adultswim.com stopped showing episodes on the net.

BTW I just watched the episode where Haley sleeps with Stans boss XD
Old 06-15-2009

Blurb: NEPPU! SHIPPU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxEnslavedNekoxX View Post
It could be that alot of people have grown a little bit bored. Granted in family guy there is point a and point b, but it's more wackyness and at times, doesn't seem to flow well. But I think that's what we all loved at one point. In American Dad, everything is pretty much consistant.
Besides, you kinda loose interest in things when you can't watch it. Hulu only have 5 episodes and Adultswim.com stopped showing episodes on the net.

BTW I just watched the episode where Haley sleeps with Stans boss XD
They're both a set of different dynamics, and Family Guy's cutaway gags and sometimes self-destructive jokes ("What else am I supposed to do on my Tuesday nights? Except watch the wonderful television on Fox...") hold better with me. American Dad, though, hasn't suffered from the degeneration that Family Guy has started to experience, and the whole thing is just a bit fresher.
Old 06-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochiha View Post
They're both a set of different dynamics, and Family Guy's cutaway gags and sometimes self-destructive jokes ("What else am I supposed to do on my Tuesday nights? Except watch the wonderful television on Fox...") hold better with me. American Dad, though, hasn't suffered from the degeneration that Family Guy has started to experience, and the whole thing is just a bit fresher.
Very true and good point. Though speaking on Seth McFarlane's stuff as a whole, does anyone think the cleveland show is going to be as good as Family Guy and American Dad? I know it's a little off topic. But I'm curious.
Old 06-17-2009
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to MagicOPromotion
Default American Dad

I think its pretty sad when they throw all their dreams into American Idol. Then you hear, "Now what am I going to do with my life?" I know.. GET A JOB Sorry but its how I feel.
Old 06-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicOPromotion View Post
I think its pretty sad when they throw all their dreams into American Idol. Then you hear, "Now what am I going to do with my life?" I know.. GET A JOB Sorry but its how I feel.
Yeah!...Wait..what? I got lost. Help me out please.
Old 06-18-2009

um im with Enslaved, what was that????

American dad
this is the conversation threads titled topic, lets keep it based on that :)