This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Forum Community > Serious Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2008

Yet another Rant:

Twilight-It is just so cliche! I mean come on: 'vampire romance'? Oh my god! I can't wait until this little trend blows over.
For one: I read at least 1 chapter, and I was just so ashamed and disappointed of the way the story was put together.
Two: Vampires don't glitter. Period. You don't hear about dragon farting rainbows in books...
Three: It couldn't possibly get more cliche... I don't see whats so great about that damn book! It's silly. I miss the old evil ugly vampires! You know, like the original Dracula-he was bald, ugly, and had long nails. I'd rather watch that old movie instead of watching[or reading] about some chic named 'Bella' being stupid and acting only on hormones. That book is just so damn predictable, why can't these twilight readers open up the book 'Moby Dick' instead?
Four: What the hell is all this hype about anyways? I mean every time my teacher says the words 'twilight' [even she is considering reading it], a good portion of the class jumps up and starts hyperventilating. I'm tired of hearing 'Team Edward' or 'Team Jacob', "OMG!! EDWARD ISH SO SMEXY!!!! BELLA ISH SOOOO LUCKY!" "PSH! NO, BELLA BELONGS WITH JACOB, DUH!" Ever hear those words? I have.
It's apparent to me that as the plot goes like this: There is a love cold, and Bella used Jacob as a tissue: "Excuse me Jacob, can I barrow for a minute*blows her nose on Jacob tissue* Thank you Jacob, Goodbye Jacob!*lets Jacob the tissue blow away in the wind*..."
Yup, it sounds like a soap opera with vampires, doesn't it? Of course I don't really know the plot entirely, the only reason I know so much is 'cause my 'friends' won't shut their mouths about it. Did you know one of my friend's skipped my cousin's B-day to go see 'Twilight' the movie? So much for being 'friends'.
Anyways; I'll end this rant by saying this: It's just about the stupidest trend that I have heard about; And I can't wait until it ends.
Old 12-19-2008

Yeah I got the tip off that the movie is rubble before it came out here, and it's annoying to see all these people buy all the hype, like ants to sugar :/
Old 12-20-2008

Blurb: "Oh yeah, WillPhanto1, he's a trippy dude." -Andrew Soto
Send a message via MSN to WillPhanto1

Quote:
Two: Vampires don't glitter. Period. You don't hear about dragon farting rainbows in books...
You might get a kick out of this: http://hellsing.comicgenesis.com/d/20081207.html
Quote:
You know, like the original Dracula-he was bald, ugly, and had long nails.
Actually, Dracula wasn't bald or ugly in the book. In the beginning he was really old looking but still had hair. But as the book went on he got younger and younger from drinking so much blood. But he did long sharp nails.
Old 12-21-2008

Quote:
You know, like the original Dracula-he was bald, ugly, and had long nails..
And bad breath, don't forget bad breath.

Still, if you look at the movies (which you shouldn't, because they're nothing compared to the book), he starts off like Nosferatu, and ends up like Bela Lugosi (I have to say it, Bela Lugosi's sexy)
Old 12-28-2008

Blurb: "Quit saving the world and get a hobby!"

I feel like a small rant too.

You know what I hate? The majority of the girls in my class. The way they sit behind you and giggle, the way they straighten their hair and plaster their face in makeup EVERY single day, and think it makes them cool to bitch about everything and everyone and [underage] drink and weekends and skip school...sorry...they're just so full of it... need to slap them...

[ You know what I love? Profiteroles. ]
Old 12-29-2008

I put on make-up...But that only 'cause i have low self-esteem. But I'm not very preppy. :/
Old 12-29-2008

Sorry. It's not make-up (I wear some makeup often too), just the fact they wear so much of it all the time. There's this one girl in particular who cakes it on inch-thick, and at the end of every lesson she whips out her bag and puts on even more.
Old 12-29-2008

Yes, that's because she's a prostitute.
Old 12-30-2008

Okay LOL. I think you're right really. She said she's engaged (she's effing 14). Strange much? *raises eyebrows*
Old 01-01-2009

Vampires - Thank you, the post way above for mentioning Twilight. Vampires are annoying. I'm tired of hearing about them. They aren't cool. Living off blood sucks, because blood tastes terrible. Twilight wouldn't be as annoying if fangirls didn't scream about it all the time. But still - Twilight being popular or unpopular, I don't care. Vampires still suck. I hate them.

Mirror Pictures - Because I associate them with teenage girls who have nothing better to do but take mirror pictures at about 50 different angles and then post them on the internet. Really guys. Go read a book.

Uggs - Do they actually keep you warm? The only reason I'd put on a pair is because if it was cold outside and I wanted to keep my little toes warm. Otherwise, no. I'm not paying 150 dollars for boots as a fashion statement. Maybe as a way to keep warm, but not a fashion statement.

And onto specific people. I only have one for the moment, because I will become angry if I start talking about more people who annoy the shit out of me.

Alright, I'm a very friendly person. I give people chances before I judge them by their cover, and I'm willing to understand them. But no, this one chick at my school, she has no hope. I will dub her, 'Ugly'. Because she is very ugly. Not only physically, but her personality sucks too.

Ugly just transferred to my high school from her catholic school. She tells people she was too 'badass' for catholic school, because she was caught doing drugs on school grounds. What really happened is that she was kicked out because she refused to change her hairstyle, because she has a really crappy haircut, and now has to go to public school. So now, she unfortunately attends my school. Ugly is very loud and obnoxious. She always has to scream, and bring attention to herself when no one could give a rat's scrotum about her life. Ugly wears very thick eyeliner, and her eyebrows are waxed off. She wears tight pants. She's trying to go for the 'I'm so punk and cool' look, when she's just only making herself look stupid and fake. Her voice is annoying, and did I mention she was obnoxious?

The other day I was trying to walk through the halls, and she and her boyfriend were walking hand in hand. Now, that's fine and dandy - but she was holding up the whole damn hallway. Just talking loudly and moving like a snail. I pushed her out of my way and told her to hurry the fuck up because people have to go to class. I don't care what she thinks of me. She's stupid and an attention whore who needs a slap in the face and a new haircut.

She's a freshman who smokes pot because she wants to fit in. A good friend of mine smokes, and she always tries to bum stuff from him. What a jerk. Buy your own shit.

Then I heard her say, "I'm a stoner! I love stoners! Smoking is so cool!"

I died inside. I think my friend will quit smoking just so he won't somehow be associated with her dumb self.
Old 01-01-2009

I know exactly how you feel. The girl I mentioned earlier is an awful lot like the one you described.
Old 01-01-2009

Quote:
Vampires - Thank you, the post way above for mentioning Twilight. Vampires are annoying. I'm tired of hearing about them. They aren't cool. Living off blood sucks, because blood tastes terrible. Twilight wouldn't be as annoying if fangirls didn't scream about it all the time. But still - Twilight being popular or unpopular, I don't care. Vampires still suck. I hate them.
Dracula can climb down walls like a lizard, commands an army of wolves, or any other nocturnal creatures, as well as an army of gypsies, can transform into anything he wants, from a dog to fog, can establish psychic connections with people, can summon fog out of nowhere, strikes fear into the hearts of millions of peasants, and anyone else he encounders, has superhuman strength, can remain young by drinking blood, and is virtually immortal.

Honestly, he is like the coolest person ever. How can you honestly look at that and say vampires suck (except maybe in the literal sense)?
Old 01-01-2009

Oh, also something else I'd just like to say. I'm not familiar with the plot of this whole Twilight series, but I must say, I find it to be just tragic that a book about vampires (at least, I think it'ssupposed to be about vampires) can have a character named "Bella," but as a complete and utter conincidence.

I mean, really, if you're on the subject of vampires and you hear something like "Bella," who do you think of? What's that? Why, Bela Lugosi, of course. You know, the actor who essentially set the standard for Dracula's image and perception both in film and the popular consciousness overall? Yep, that's right.

Now, that being said, just think about the ability to cash in on that sort of allusion. Really, you'd actually be able to make it look as though you know what you're doing, and as though you're trying to seriously pay homage to an established genre, rather than just imitating a few of its most superficial themes as a means of having a platform on which to push a series of substandard pulp novels, in an attempt to reach a wider audience and almost be taken seriously. But no, it's a complete coincidence. For some reason that makes me angry.
Old 01-01-2009

Hehehe......Vampire Romance? Some people I know won't stop talking about this Twilight Series and it's starting to annoy the heck out of me. I read a little bit of the first chapter and cannot determine what the hype is all about. The plot seems to relentessly center upon some vampire and a girl who happens to be attractive as described in the book over and over and over again. Seriously, a good plot needs to delve into the inner feelings and motivations of characters involved, have some interesting sequences occur (fighting, betrayal, unorthodox evil villain) whether it be romance, action/adventure, horror etc...
As for Twilight, the author focussed too much on the superficial qualities of a person and rarely leaves this pattern.
Old 01-04-2009

They aren't scary. Blame it on the vampire hype, but I just don't find them really scary. I don't like them, because their qualities bore me. I would hate to be immortal, and I have heard 'supernatural' traits like that over and over again, that they just don't appeal.

I don't like them. Nope.
Old 01-04-2009

They're not scary to you because you're not a Romanian peasant. You feel all safe and secure in your modern world, with your industry, and technology, and psychology, and modern medicine, but vampires exist in order to serve as a reminder of just how limited and powerless those things really are.

And how do those qualities bore you? Yes, I'm sure you'd hate to be immortal. That's kind of the point. You're not supposed to want to be a vampire. Vampires and the supernatural exist to keep man in check.

It's like this. Historically it was Nature > Man. That's the way it always went. However, come the Industrial Revolution, there's this idea that comes around that somehow man has conquered nature, that man is above nature. So now we get the Supernatural to remind us that all that exists within the man made world is still not enough to contain what is greater than us, what is beyond our control. That's why it's called Gothic fiction.
Old 01-04-2009

Great points, but uh..they still bore me. I've never admired their qualities, so they have never appealed to me.

As far as I know, it's still that way - Nature > Man. Not as bad in comparison, but still there. Always will be. Well, my point, don't like vampires. And that is that.

Back to ranting - I don't like school either. I dislike it more so when I have to go back after getting a quite nice Winter Break. ><
Old 01-25-2009

Quote:
Some people I know won't stop talking about this Twilight Series and it's starting to annoy the heck out of me. I read a little bit of the first chapter and cannot determine what the hype is all about. The plot seems to relentessly center upon some vampire and a human who happens to be attractive as described in the book over and over and over again. Seriously, a good plot needs to delve into the inner feelings and motivations of characters involved, have some interesting sequences occur (fighting, betrayal, unorthodox evil villain) whether it be romance, action/adventure, horror etc..
I know right?
The writer seems to have trouble with getting emotionally in-depth with the characters.
Also, it was based off a dream, but it still bugs me. I can't quite put my finger on why she couldn't have the main character become a little more dimensional[sp?].

More rants
-

Writer's block- those who've written stories all know what I' m talking about. That horrible writer's block phase. When you just have absolutely no motivation to keep your imagination focused on your bundle of words. I'm so picky about how I write my stories!>.< So as you might imagine I have writer's block frequently, and its so frustrating and extremely annoying. I have yet to find a solution.

Dragging yourself to write apart of a story you don't want to
: This happens. And most say "Well you don't want to write it, then don't" But what if it's essential to the plot? So yeah, I still feel I have to make it detailed- so I spend, like, two and a half hours of writing a whole chapter about some character going through something. Sometimes the situations I put my characters in seem like a good idea at first, then I come back to it and say "Wow! That was really stupid! That's gonna take alot of work to explain!" And I'm too lazy to trash the idea and start from scratch. Which, ultimately, leads to writing something I don't want to.

Mary-sues: Annoying and hard to avoid when writing. I think I've made my point on this.

People who won't listen to a song because a certain band sang it: I think this is stupid. Personally, if I don't like the artist, but I like the song-I'll listen to it, no matter what freakishly-religious Christians say. If I like songs from Tool, they shouldn't judge right off the bat who I am. I'm a Mormon, and Tool is very anti-god. But does that make me a non-christian? F*ck no. I pick out songs that I like. Who cares what the band believes in! A good song is a good song. >:[

Really quirky dreams: They annoy me. While sometimes inspirational; they end up effecting me in my every-day life. Last night I had a dream where this guy I really despised came and took a bath at my house. Next time I see this guy at school, I'll probably look at him really weird...
Also, I keep finding out that in my dreams where water is involved--there is always some type of creature lurking in there waiting to eat me...Why is this? First time is was some type of evil giant prehistoric fish at the bottom of the ocean. Second time it was a huge shark, and multiple sharks trying to eat me. And this time it was a 8 to 9 foot long alligator in the water! Is my sub-conscience trying to tell me to stay away from the deep end of the public swimming pool or what?
Old 01-25-2009
Whiskey Icarus

Blurb: Yet another 5 star post

Quote:
But does that make me a non-christian? F*ck no.
Why did I laugh so hard at this?
Old 01-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroStarr View Post
If I like songs from Tool, they shouldn't judge right off the bat who I am. I'm a Mormon, and Tool is very anti-god. But does that make me a non-christian? F*ck no.
And conversely, I'm an atheist who frequently listens to gospel music, as well as more modern Christian or religious songs. And I salute you.

I agree with you about the weird dreams, too. I've had really weird dreams where my friends were acting in bizarre ways, and I could hardly face them the next day...

Twilight is terrible. Just terrible. I've read a decent amount of it, but I don't think I could stand the whole thing. It made me want to slit my wrists. I get my revenge by talking about things "literally sparkling" or "embedded with diamonds" whenever I get the chance. I'm with Tatterdemalion about Dracula though; he is one of the coolest, most iconic characters in all fiction.

But my main focus of hatred for today? Disgusting food that tastes good. Some day I will defeat you.
Old 01-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by killshot View Post
Why did I laugh so hard at this?
Indeed. Why?
Old 01-25-2009

Twilight is complete nonsense. It does not represent a vampire in any way, shape, or form. We all know that a true vampire resides in at his throne in a monster ridden Castle. Sitting for hours on end in the exact location, waiting for an individual with the surname "Belmont" to arrive, slaughter their subjects, and kill them over and over and over again.

Vampires are apparantly immortal until the year 1999 when they can finally die for good.
They also make friends with the Grim Reaper.
Old 01-25-2009
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

KuroStarr, you know i seem to have a problem as writer, and it is I have so many ideas, that when I start one book, I will get idea for another and want to start that one instead lol

Well everyone just so know the vampire legend actually came from an illness which caused fake images of mind (cannot spell the the h word) and blood clotting, so for any vampire wannabe raped victim's, there you go
Old 01-25-2009

Quote:
And it is I have so many ideas, that when I start one book, I will get idea for another and want to start that one instead lol
Yup.
I have alot of ideas I have to open up a blank document and write them all down.
I should just combind them all into one and create the Ultimate Story.
Old 01-25-2009
Chumba Wumba

someone already did that with the never ending story

And what is with that "The Never Ending Story" well tell me if wrong, but it had an ending and a BAD one at that

Then there is that Dog thing......

.....Several hours later, rant over
Old 01-25-2009

Nope, my book will be titled, "Ultimate Book"
and it will be about rainbow-flatulent unicorns[see my avatar]
Old 01-25-2009
Chumba Wumba

I don't even want to think about that <yikes>
Old 01-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat1Fared View Post
I don't even want to think about that <yikes>
lol.
Old 01-28-2009
General Staff

Send a message via AIM to Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanariya674 View Post
Then I heard her say, "I'm a stoner! I love stoners! Smoking is so cool!"
God damn it, this is why everyone hates us. :(
Old 08-27-2009

Blurb: iRant...

Oh man. Just as a lil salad on the side here, Has anybody seen Pineapple Express? I thought is was magnificent. I have absolutely no beef with it, which has to be a first. James Franco was pretty good when it came to acting stoned. Hmm...wonder if he's had alot of experience...I mean, just look at Spiderman 3. I have the right mind to think he was baked for the entire length of that movie.

Anywho, to get right to the meat of my rant, I recently saw a movie that I did have a beef with ( shocker...) called ""Bug", starring Ashley Judd, Michael Shannon, and Will & Grace's musician-turned-actor Harry Connick Jr.. The plot is as follows:

The loser and lonely waitress Agnes lives in a cheap motel in Okalahoma grieving the disappearance of her beloved son Lloyd ten years ago. Her abusive ex-husband Jerry Goss has just left prison on probation and is insistently calling her. When her colleague and only friend, the lesbian RC, brings her drifter acquaintance Peter Evans to visit her, they have an affair and Peter stays with Agnes in her room. Peter finds bugs in their bed, and discloses to Agnes that he was a soldier in the Gulf War submitted to experiments by the army and presently he is infested with bugs. Agnes feels the same symptoms and the couple believes in Peter's conspiracy theory of the American government.

Now, I picked this film thinking it would point out the flaws of the American Justice System. Instead, it was based on a conspiracy on a conspiracy and so on, built like bricks made of dust, one over the other. In short, I detested this movie. If this movie crawled in top of a 300 year old French landmine and exploded like fireworks on the 4th of JULY, I would fall to my knees and praise God or Buddha or both. It was that bad. God forbid another human soul ever watch Michael Shannon ever attempt to act again.