This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: Abridged Series Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2013

Mine is the British Bakura, because he represents one of the biggest Problems of the original series: that Bakura (the British one) doesn't get to be a main character, though he deserves to be one. Also everyone only thinks about Bakura or sometimes Bakura, when they here the name Bakura, but no one really thinks about Bakura.
Old 10-18-2013

Does 4kids bakura have a bigger fanbase over Japanese bakura?
Old 10-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokuba kaiba! View Post
Does 4kids bakura have a bigger fanbase over Japanese bakura?
the japanese Bakura is very unknown compared with the 4Kids! Bakura. but on the other hand, the japanese Bakura is much better, because he makes much more sense than that censored stuff.
Old 10-19-2013

Yeah I thought so be/c most people seem to write him out as a very British caricature. If they were to make a live action feature he probably be Japanese.
Old 10-19-2013

My favorite from abridged series is shadi
Old 10-19-2013

@kronus In the manga ryou bakura was shown more but he was not really a main character. In duelist kingdom he helps the gang but he really is more of a background character. Yugi/yami and Joey hog up most of the important panels. It gets even worst at battle city be/c ryou ends up losing his defiant nature that he had in monster world and become more of a plot device for yami bakura to get from place a to to place b. Ryou was once a kid who was willing to die to save his friends in monster world and by the end of battle city he mindlessly grabs the ring and puts it on. Even though by now he should know that the ring has been trying to kill his friends and has no regard for ryou's health other than to keep him breathing. It just didn't make sense.
Old 10-19-2013

that is true. Ryou was my favourite, especially in season 0. why did they have to do this to him? it is so unjust. Ryou was one of the most important characters of all. after all, Yugioh was planned as a horror story and Ryou being the host for a murderer is very very horror. then it became an merchandise story to sell the card game. -.- thank you a lot for killing Ryou, Takahshi-san. murderer.
Old 10-19-2013

I was going to say that takashi was just a bad writer but I feel like that is to disrespectful.then I learned later on that takahashi listen to his fanmail and completely change the story of his manga. I know what you mean. Yami yugi was suppose to be evil! And not even a pharoah but a gambling spirit! Remember the inscription "he who solves the puzzle will be granted the power of darkness" that doesn't make sense if yami yugi is a completely different person. He was suppose to be an evil yugi! Probably due to his constant mistreatment the darkness would have focus on his subconscious rage and yami yugi was the product. I wish that takahashi would have had two continuities one for monomial and the other for his horror manga.
Old 10-19-2013

*konomi not monomial. Cellphone autocorrect is derping
Old 10-19-2013

I like the story of the new seasons, but the way the characters are treated is awful. the characters aren't there for the sake of the character but only to play their role. when ryou isn't needed any more, he is cut out. poor Ryou. *cuddles Ryou's corpse*.
Old 10-19-2013

Eh, Kaiba and cardgames were suppose to be one a one time thing. Funny how things change. They might live forever in the form of konomis card game.
Old 10-19-2013

I think Kaiba couldn't be tier. he is too unique
Old 10-19-2013

It kinda sucks for ryou when he is left out the true friends group. Like, the power of friendship can overcome Pegasus and mariks items a lightning bolt to help save joeys life and again to overcome the shadow game against marik, help summon the God RA to beat the thief king, and remember stems name but not help ryou be a part of the final game? He was one of my favorite characters too, but he has such crappy friends. Plus, why didn't atem first call out horackty 3000 yes ago so that all this never happened?
Old 10-20-2013

probably because only the friendship with everyone but Ryou enabled him to do so, or something like that. poor ryou.
Old 10-21-2013

Blurb: It's easy being a Dragon Slayer

Zane Truesdale. The End.
Old 10-21-2013

Blurb: It's easy being a Dragon Slayer
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliferExcelsior View Post
Oh tea, or marik for sure. the two of them are just too hilarious
"Sucks to be you."

No, from the original abridged series, it has to be Tristan.

"This is going straight up my nose."