This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2010

Blurb: I'm a random windstorm. SHAKY SHAKY!
Send a message via MSN to PoisonXLilly

It was as if J. K. Rowling knew Alan Rickman or something....whoooo...~
Old 11-26-2010
Golden-Circle Lurker

Blurb: My kitties are doopy and floopy, and I love them!
Send a message via AIM to musigal Send a message via MSN to musigal Send a message via Yahoo to musigal

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknnik View Post
Hmm, that is a thing I do admire about the series - the casting. I can't imagine anyone else playing Ron or Bellatrix or Fred and George. And, of course, Alan Rickman was born to play Snape.
hm. I agree about Ron and Snape (rickman was rowling's first choice for snape, after all, and she even told him the ending of the series at the beginning so his motivation would be right), but I don't think that helena is a good bellatrix at all in regard to looks, and like I said before, fred and george are too tall and stuff.
Old 01-02-2011
Not a Moderator

Blurb: KRILLIN!
Send a message via MSN to eternity

I don't read the books, because I consider it to be spoilers for when I watch the movies, so I am not reading all posts in here until I see part 2. However, I just wanted to say, I had to go pee so badly when [ Doby/Dobi [however it's spelled] died ]. ;;-;;
Old 01-02-2011
Deputy Executive Assistant Moderator; Chimera Ant Queen; SallylamiGami; Leasee

Blurb: Happily married since 10/19/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by musigal View Post
hm. I agree about Ron and Snape (rickman was rowling's first choice for snape, after all, and she even told him the ending of the series at the beginning so his motivation would be right), but I don't think that helena is a good bellatrix at all in regard to looks, and like I said before, fred and george are too tall and stuff.
They wouldn't have known about Fred and George being too tall at their ages, lol. Same thing happened with Neville. He was a shrimp and then suddenly by OOTP he was like WOOSH, BASKETBALL PLAYER SIZE. I do think that Fred and George are terrific actors, though.

Bellatrix was originally gonna be played by the lady who plays Narcissa Malfoy, but for whatever reason she couldn't do it for the 5th movie so Helena had to play her instead. I do think that Helena Bonham Carter is a wonderful actress [ and it's really nice to see her in a movie without Johnny Depp :V ] and I think it's great to see her in the HP movies.
Old 01-03-2011
Golden-Circle Lurker

Send a message via AIM to musigal Send a message via MSN to musigal Send a message via Yahoo to musigal

yeah, I knew about the narcissa thing. I think the reason was that she was pregnant.
good point about neville, lol.
and yeah, I'm really glad they showcased the twins a bit more in the latest movie, cause they really are good actors. the toothbrush scene: I was dying!
Old 06-30-2011

Send a message via MSN to Ninjasplaycardgames2 Send a message via Yahoo to Ninjasplaycardgames2

Is Voldermort dead yet?
Old 07-29-2011

Yup.
Old 07-29-2011

Blurb: Rin Okumura is my spirit animal. Fuck yeah.

Best movie ever.
Old 07-30-2011

Blurb: See you in your dreams!

if I want a story about a teenager riding a broom I'll stick to the much better Kiki's Delivery Service thank you very much
Old 07-30-2011
Not a Moderator

^ Fantastic. >_>

Anyways, I loved this movie. Especially Voldy's screams. My sister and I kept laughing at them.

However, the final battle was SO anti-climatic.

Although...at least they recycled Voldemort.
Old 07-30-2011
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

so it is over and evil won....how sad, oh well voldy some of will remember your fight against trite characters and the honour you held while doing it, maybe....maybe some day the baldness of harrys personality will become so 2D that he will physically look his ability to remain within our dimension
Old 07-30-2011
Not a Moderator

Uh...Harry won. The eff are you talking about?
Old 08-02-2011
Golden-Circle Lurker

eh heh heh
Old 08-05-2011
Chumba Wumba

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternity View Post
Uh...Harry won. The eff are you talking about?
eturn, please for the good of humanity, never breed

Last edited by Fat1Fared; 08-05-2011 at 04:51 PM. Reason: wrong smiley
Old 08-05-2011

Seeing part 2 tonight!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2011
Not a Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat1Fared View Post
etern, please for the good of humanity, never breed
Explain what you mean. Your post above made no sense.

And don't tell me not to breed. I can if I want to, thanks.
Old 08-10-2011

Send a message via MSN to Ave

He's saying that the real evil was worn-out stock characters. Fared is an avid opposer of Harry Potter on the basis that Harry Potter characters and plotlines fall into many obvious archetypes(or cliches Fared would argue.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by musigal
I really liked it! It stayed really true to the book (I have a feeling that that's partially due to the fact that J.K. Rowling is one of the producers for this one XD )
"They did WHAT to Half-Blood Prince? Bloody charlatans."
I wouldn't be surprised if that was a result of the horridness of the 6th movie.

Last edited by Ave; 08-10-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 08-10-2011
Not a Moderator

...I liked each and every single movie they made.
Granted, I barely remember what happens in any of them, but, I enjoyed it.

Probably because I never read -- and never will read -- the books.
Old 08-10-2011

Send a message via MSN to Ave

Of the moves I really loved the first two and the last two. My favorite was The Chamber of Secrets, followed by Deathly Hallows part 2. My favorites of the books were Half-Blood Prince and The Prisoner of Azkaban.

But er, yeah. I think this movie was a huge success and I'm glad the movies finished off strongly.

Last edited by Ave; 08-10-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-10-2011
TOOMAH

Blurb: Every Villain Is Lemons

I liked it. Saw it at midnight.
Old 08-11-2011
Chumba Wumba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ave View Post
He's saying that the real evil was worn-out stock characters. Fared is an avid opposer of Harry Potter on the basis that Harry Potter characters and plotlines fall into many obvious archetypes(or cliches Fared would argue.)
though i feel there is sarcastic tones to your comment, it is actually 100% correct
Old 08-11-2011
TOOMAH

Surprise surprise.
Old 08-11-2011
Golden-Circle Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ave View Post

"They did WHAT to Half-Blood Prince? Bloody charlatans."
I wouldn't be surprised if that was a result of the horridness of the 6th movie.
overall, my least favorite of the movies was The Prisoner of Azkaban, which was, sadly, the most well received critically of all of them until these recent two. [ maybe I disliked it so much because of that bizarre werewolf that looked like a hairless mole rat on steriods... ]
Old 08-11-2011
TOOMAH

I liked the third movie.
Old 08-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKaworu View Post
I liked the third movie.
Me too. Maybe that's just because it has my favourite characters in it and maybe because I loved the book... I don't know. I love all the movies, even if other people seem to dislike them.

I think the Deathly Hallows Part I and II were both amazing. I just feel kind of sad now that Harry Potter is over. :( But, they were long awaited, and I thought they were great. The only thing I am disappointed in was the fact that there was no showing of the fact that Colin Creevey... he was my favourite character.

I actually watched all the films before I had properly read the books. I was, young, and I mean, really young when I read them, so I didn't remember anything. I don't think the films make much sense if you haven't read the books, and after rereading them last summer the films now make sense to me.
Old 08-13-2011
Golden-Circle Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrouded in Darkness View Post
Me too. Maybe that's just because it has my favourite characters in it and maybe because I loved the book... I don't know. I love all the movies, even if other people seem to dislike them.

I think the Deathly Hallows Part I and II were both amazing. I just feel kind of sad now that Harry Potter is over. :( But, they were long awaited, and I thought they were great. The only thing I am disappointed in was the fact that there was no showing of the fact that Colin Creevey... he was my favourite character.

I actually watched all the films before I had properly read the books. I was, young, and I mean, really young when I read them, so I didn't remember anything. I don't think the films make much sense if you haven't read the books, and after rereading them last summer the films now make sense to me.
Part of the reason I didn't like it was because the film portrayals of the characters in that story did not match my imaginings of them at all. Movie Lupin is not Lupin. Movie Sirius is not Sirius. New movie Dumbledore was VERY not Dumbledore. But that's solely my opinion.

A lot of people have been saying "oh it's over" but it isn't really. The books are still there; you can re-read them. The movies are still there; you can re-watch them.

I think that they should have waited until she was done writing all of the books before making them into movies. That way they would have known what little details would matter later etc.

[ hm. this whole post is rather negative, isn't it? :| ]
Old 08-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by musigal View Post
Part of the reason I didn't like it was because the film portrayals of the characters in that story did not match my imaginings of them at all. Movie Lupin is not Lupin. Movie Sirius is not Sirius. New movie Dumbledore was VERY not Dumbledore. But that's solely my opinion.

A lot of people have been saying "oh it's over" but it isn't really. The books are still there; you can re-read them. The movies are still there; you can re-watch them.

I think that they should have waited until she was done writing all of the books before making them into movies. That way they would have known what little details would matter later etc.

[ hm. this whole post is rather negative, isn't it? :| ]
I do agree with you that the movie Sirius and Remus don't exactly match with the book ones, but the way I see it is that the movies are the movies, and the books are the books. Things are changed and everything, so I just enjoy them knowing that my exact images of the characters from the books aren't going to be identical in the movie.

Yeah, I'm not saying it's over, exactly, it's just, you don't have that excitement of getting a new book, or going to see the film on the night it comes out or anything. I mean, there are still the fans, and the books and films are there, and now we've got Pottermore, but, it kind of is the end of a generation, and it's kind of saddening... :/

I do agree with you on them waiting to make the films after all the books had been written too, because then it would've lasted longer too.
...though, I do wonder who they would've used for Harry/Hermione/Ron, because, I just can't imagine anyone except Dan/Emma/Rupert playing them...
Old 08-15-2011

I still can't imagine Emma and Rupert as a couple. The casters were terrible extrapolaters.

I liked the film, but it was extremely busy tying everything off.
Old 08-16-2011
Golden-Circle Lurker

Emma Watson actually said that when they had to kiss it felt like incest because they've grown up together and she doesn't feel that way about Rupert at all. LOL
Old 09-20-2011

Blurb: taratatataaaa? puberty power!!

the movies where awesome