This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Books & Literature
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2010

Naw but I saw it today at Wal-mart or Meijer.

The cover looked too flashy (in MKG language that means, "over detailed"). Also, Meyer has another book called the Host >_> I didn't get through half the summary but all I understood that it about a girl named Melanie and some host alien things that took over human bodies.
Old 03-21-2010

Location: If there's a bright center to the galexy I'm on the planet that it's farthest from.
Blurb: Bollocks is my favorite word.
Send a message via AIM to Toa Lord Sothe Send a message via MSN to Toa Lord Sothe

Burn it with fire.
Old 03-21-2010

I'm an Anti, so asking for my opinion was a bad idea.
Let me put it simply for your poor, Twilight clogged brains.
It sucked.
Ass.
Old 03-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toa Lord Sothe View Post
Burn it with fire.
You said it.
Old 03-21-2010

Blurb: Praise Jashin!!
Send a message via AIM to AbridgedHidan Send a message via MSN to AbridgedHidan Send a message via Yahoo to AbridgedHidan

The only thing I like about Twilight is the parodies of Twilight. Especially the ones of Edward or Jacob as Pedobear....or Pedowolf in Jacob's case.
Old 04-08-2010

Old 04-14-2010

Blurb: This blurb allows me to defy the page's symmetry. Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Read them. Loved them. Saw the Twilight movie. Wanted to burn every memory of that cursed series out of my brain.
Old 04-18-2010

Blurb: Courage is a synonym for epic stupidity.

I love Twilight! It makes such a great bonfire!
Old 04-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyG57 View Post
Read them. Loved them. Saw the Twilight movie. Wanted to burn every memory of that cursed series out of my brain.

I couldn't read the 4th book because all I saw was Kristin Stewart's terrible acting, and I would gag everytime bella came into the picture XP.
Old 04-26-2010

Blurb: I need to draw more

Destroy it with fire. My friends were obessed with it back when we were in high school. Tried reading it, thought it sucked, and acted like I was a fan to make my friends feel better.
Old 05-03-2010

Twilight is unintentianally hilarious.
It may accidentally be one of the greatest comedies in years.
Right down to comparing Bella and edward's relationship to Romeo and juliet.
Old 05-03-2010

Blurb: DO THE BARREL ROLL!

Purge the unholy book with fire!
Old 05-04-2010

Blurb: Fah Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokuba Kaiba's Girl View Post
Naw but I saw it today at Wal-mart or Meijer.

The cover looked too flashy (in MKG language that means, "over detailed"). Also, Meyer has another book called the Host >_> I didn't get through half the summary but all I understood that it about a girl named Melanie and some host alien things that took over human bodies.
That kind of explains why it was in the science fiction section when I was at Chapters. Doesn't explain why the western section was nothing but Star Wars books.
Old 05-04-2010

I almost bought the first Twilight book just couple of days ago. It was in second hand store or whatever it's called, and it was really cheap. I was all like "it must be absolute crap, but I gotta know is it really that bad!". I was just like almost buying it when I randomly opened one page just for the sake of it.. And read one sentence of Edwards anguished eyes... And then I was all like no. Just no. I guess that now I'll never know what I'm missing.
Old 05-04-2010
Destroyer of TV Tropes, Liberator of the Masses

Blurb: Hop into Gamertoads over on youtube
Hitsugaya

Try your local library they may have a copy that isn't checked out, mine did.
Old 05-05-2010

I direct your attention to this forum to answer your question about Twilight: http://forum.yugiohtheabridgedseries...ead.php?t=6479
Old 05-10-2010

Location: The space between spaces, or New Zealand. I always get the two confused.
Blurb: Everyone should party like Pinkie Pie

Twilight is overrated crap. Nothing more. The Host is pretty good, though. It surprised me. The characters were actually likable, especially Melanie.
Old 06-18-2010

Blurb: "Fred the Deacon is watching every unholy move you make."

I'm not a fan. My friends read it and hated it. I feel like Twilight is trying to compete with Harry Potter. Stephen King said it best- "The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can't write worth a darn. She's not very good."

I tried reading it, but couldn't finish it. You'd think Meyer would hire an editor. As a writer, I do believe that some creativity with grammar and spelling is a plus in a book, but Meyer is just......dumb. There's a difference between grammar b and grammar nonexistent.
Old 09-09-2010

i liked that there was a pretty strong mix between adventure & romance but here are my opinions:

PROS:
-good plots (most of the time)
-pretty cool characteres (i found jessica hilarious she one of the most realistic characters in the book)
-sometimes heart warming scenes between E&B
-length of books

CONS:
-raided by fangirls (and not the good, Yami kinda xD)
-mostly cheesy scenes between E&B
-sometimes plots executed terribly (mostly new moon)
-F*CKING ANNOYING voice of Bella---she contradicts herself, she is so naiive, and she worries way to much...

and don't even get started on the movies...xD
Old 09-10-2010

Blurb: I'm a random windstorm. SHAKY SHAKY!
Send a message via MSN to PoisonXLilly

You know what sucks ass?
Twifail/barf is ALWAYS being compaired to the Harry Potter series.

...Fuckin' pisses me off, that's what.
Old 09-11-2010

Blurb: Still too lazy to do anything
Send a message via MSN to Anreyla

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonXLilly View Post
You know what sucks ass?

It's worse when they compare it to Romeo and Juliet, IMO.
Old 09-11-2010
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclonzgirl View Post
i liked that there was a pretty strong mix between adventure & romance but here are my opinions:

PROS:
-good plots (most of the time)
-pretty cool characteres (i found jessica hilarious she one of the most realistic characters in the book)
-sometimes heart warming scenes between E&B
-length of books

CONS:
-raided by fangirls (and not the good, Yami kinda xD)
-mostly cheesy scenes between E&B
-sometimes plots executed terribly (mostly new moon)
-F*CKING ANNOYING voice of Bella---she contradicts herself, she is so naiive, and she worries way to much...

and don't even get started on the movies...xD
wait someone talking seriously and honestly about Twilight in Twilight thread, the blasphemy

Quote:
You know what sucks ass?

why they actually pretty good comparisons, both average books written by mundane authors which became unbelievably big after small publishers took risks on them and then their fan's/haters became so polarized it was almost insane
-The only irony is that King is wrong, Meyer is actually a better writer than Rolling, just has lot worse plot device/story-line to write about (no not saying Meyer is amazing writer, just that Meyer is better than Rolling, because she at least knows about making tense scenes and trying to put descriptions in her book)

Last edited by Fat1Fared; 09-11-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-11-2010

Blurb: TheOcean is waving.

I tried reading the book series but I've keep idling everytime I finish a paragragh.
Old 09-13-2010

@Fared: ...What planet are you from? Ms. Rowling is an amazing writer. Better than that piece-of-shit Sparkly vampire twat crap. =/ Oh, and word of the wise...Don't ever insult J. K. Rowling infront of me....Not a very god idea.
Old 09-13-2010

Send a message via MSN to Fenrir502

Twilight gets a lot of praise it doesn't deserve.

It gets just as much hate it doesn't deserve.

It is just average. The praise is derived from ignorant people who do not know this, and the hate is derived from ignorant people who hate other ignorant people. <- 90% of cases *nods sagely*

...and now that I've pissed both parties off, ciao.
Old 09-13-2010

Blurb: Still too lazy to do anything
Send a message via MSN to Anreyla

Quote:
@Fared: ...What planet are you from? Ms. Rowling is an amazing writer. Better than that piece-of-shit Sparkly vampire twat crap. =/ Oh, and word of the wise...Don't ever insult J. K. Rowling infront of me....Not a very god idea.
S/he was just stating his/her opinion, feel free to disagree, but s/he can say it if s/he wants to. (Aah the joys of not knowing genders) I never bothered to read the Harry Potter books, the storyline just didn't interest me.

Quote:
Twilight gets a lot of praise it doesn't deserve.

It gets just as much hate it doesn't deserve.

It is just average. The praise is derived from ignorant people who do not know this, and the hate is derived from ignorant people who hate other ignorant people. <- 90% of cases *nods sagely*

...and now that I've pissed both parties off, ciao.
Yeah, it pretty much is average, I suppose. I've seen worse books, I've seen far better books, I've seen books on the same level, it's just meh. It's shitty meh with flat characters and bad plot, but I'm sure you could find something worse.
Old 09-13-2010

Blurb: The world is what you make of it.

Nah Im More of a Vampire Sucks Fan xD
Old 09-14-2010
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anreyla View Post
S/he was just stating his/her opinion, feel free to disagree, but s/he can say it if s/he wants to. (Aah the joys of not knowing genders) I never bothered to read the Harry Potter books, the storyline just didn't interest me.
=I am male (i really need to change that gender, no even remembers the joke on about anyway, sadly never remember to do it) as for this, well I maybe the only person who says this on this site, but going to say it anyway, I don't think your missing much....not worst books ever written, but to put them as anything other than average young children's fantasy is overstatement or so one would think, the masses disagree with me.
-Ironically her statement does prove my point about Twilight haters/fans being polarized as does, the of waves of non-discript insults which pepper these pages and posters like Cegum, stating that they want Meyer to be run over by bus, however the people like Musical, Sally and cloz-girl seem to show that the supposed rabid Twilight fangirls are in fact rather level headed about all this, as state that though like books, as something to past dull winters afternoon, realise not great literature, so take from this what will....

-I also find it amazingly ironic that someone who so willfully damns these "Twilight Fangirls" then reacts in exactly the same way to a comment about Harry Potter, as the supposed FanGirls of "Twilight" are meant to react to such/worse comments about Twilight??????
-I guess we cannot call it hypocrisy as we are meant to take it that being a Fangirl of Harry Potter is ok, because that is Harry Potter and therefore, beyond any form of reproach....... <erm> (Don't worry though, sure next be told she was joking ^_^)

Last edited by Fat1Fared; 09-14-2010 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-29-2010

Harry Potter is a fantastic book. J.K. Rowling obvious put tons of effort into her writing, story, and plot. Everything goes from this semi-mysterious kids story, to this all-out war between everything magical. There is tons of interesting background knowledge, and Joanne obviously spent a lot of time working on her story and plot.

Meanwhile, Meyer just dreamed this one night and wrote it. =/ And the only thing that's changes it from a normal, crappy, and cheesy romance is that Edward...sparkles...cause he is a supposed "vampire".
...Nooooot very creative. In the Harry Potter universe, wizards are wizards, except they are a little more advanced than what you might typically think when someone mentions a witch or wizard.
J.K. Rowling prolly spent hours working on spells, plots, background stories...

I think the key word here is EFFORT.
Old 12-01-2010

Blurb: Slightly crazy self-proclaimed human being, so nothing to worry about.
Send a message via MSN to L'sEyeCandy

Oh... Twilight. This shall be fun.
First of all, I shall state this loud and clear. I'm an anti-twilighter for many, many reasons that any fans probably don't want me to go into. I'm not going to burst their little bubble, but I'll just list a few things...
1. To someone familiar with fanfiction, Bella is the biggest Mary Sue you are ever likely to come across. Especailly during Breaking Dawn. I mean, c'mon people... Overpowered, a pansy, over-protective male love interest, can barely do anything on her own... How many more boxes does the girl need to tick?
2. Vampires vs Werewolves... Is anyone else's 'cliche' alarm going off here?
3. Meyer's writing style simply annoys the heck out of me.
4. People worship the series like some sort of diety, purely because the main characters are attractive and seem to be ideal.
5. I love literature, and to quote Deymx Time "TWI-LIGHT- ISN'T- LIT-ERATURE!" Almost any English Teacher will agree.
6. Meyer has single-handedly turned vampires, the creatures of the night which haunting nightmares and fed the imaginations of generations of gothic writers into fairies. I will never be able to look at a vampire in the same way again

All-in-all, the basic plot is good enough and it could have been brilliant with a bit of work, character development and style. The Twilight Saga would have been one I'd have read happily in the hands of a good author. The very thing Meyer isn't. Sorry folks, but, as an Enlish student, the series goes against everything I believe in when it comes to novels...