This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: Abridged Series Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2012

Blurb: Don't fake the funk on an elephant's trunk.

That would be kind of interesting. Maybe that story could overlap with a story about Kimo and Croquet.

It could be a whole KaibaCorp/Industrial Illusions "behind the scenes" sort of thing (only it'd include their childhoods as well as their workdays).
Old 05-01-2012

If it involves that many characters though it would need to be some sort of drabble series because otherwise the fanfic author would need to write something with as many characters as War and Peace. I for one probably wouldn't bother reading something that was that long.
Old 05-12-2012

Blurb: THAT'S WHAT THEY SAID!

I found some really bad Fanfiction and Fanfic Ideas. But I, I just can't
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8091880/...future_Husband
I hope this person is trolling(._.)
Old 05-12-2012

As far as I can see, it's a crack fic. Crack fanfic doesn't need to be in character. The grammar is tolerable so it can be accepted as a normal fanfiction, just not a good one. I have seen things far worse than that.
Old 05-12-2012

That's crack. Funny crack, but crack. I agree with Saitoki, it's readable mainly because the grammar doesn't want to make me stab out my eyes.
Old 05-16-2012

Blurb: Rain, rain go away, thats what all my haters say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzidance View Post
I found some really bad Fanfiction and Fanfic Ideas. But I, I just can't
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8091880/...future_Husband
I hope this person is trolling(._.)
wtf did i just read? ._.
Old 05-16-2012

Send a message via MSN to redconvoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese View Post
wtf did i just read? ._.
I pretty much said that about a few Transformer fanfics I read recently...
Old 05-17-2012

Since, this topic about fanfiction, I'm going to rant about Yugi's fanon stereotype

It have been bugging me for a while. The following is how fandom often describe Yugi and I find myself pitying him so much. Ofcause they are fanfiction and everyone can do as they please,and some of them are not so bad, but it irritates me a bit since it's everywhere, like a fandom belief or something.

1. Yugi is always a gay boy: yeah, most people believe that, because Yugi is small, cute, childish looking, polite and soft speaking. Of cause as a puzzleshipper, I want Yugi to like boys but canon evidence is something can't be ignored. In high school fics, people often describe Yugi as a gay boy who is shunned because of it and Yami is a popular boy who seemed to be straight. It's ironic since in canon Yugi have openly shown his interest in girl, and Yami just didn't care what gender he hang out with .He doesn't show any affection(no matter what kind of 'affection' it is) to anyone but Yugi, that was something, right?). In my belief, Yugi would be bi and Yami would be either bi or gay.

2. Yugi is a lonely boy who is shunned by everyone: Yes, Yugi was lonely at the start of a manga but he's not shunned.His classmates treated him fairly like any fellow classmate. At the manga's beginning there was a guy invited Yugi to play basketball but Yugi refused since he didn't want to make any team lost. In the chapter about the school festival, people actually acknowledge Yugi's suggestion. Therefore, Yugi is just a normal school boy like anyone, albeit being a game addict. Yugi didn't have friend because he's insecure about how people will react to his difference. He wants long term friend who hang out with him for how he is, not short term friends who only hang out with him because he acts like them.

3.Yugi is a bullies magnet: Okay, admittedly, Yugi is small and is an easy target, but I don't think he was bullied so much before the series start. For one, Yugi know who is trouble and know to avoid them. Two, Yugi is not so much of a bullies magnet that every single bullies seek him out, I think the Hanasaki kid is more of that type. Three, if he got bullied everyday in his life, he wouldn't bring a freaking golden box to school, he is smart enough. If you pay attention to the manga, Yugi was bullied only two or three time because of himself, and most of those time was because he was in a wrong place at the wrong time. Those guys could pick on anyone near them, as long as their target is smaller than them. All the other time, Yugi got beat up for standing up for other people and things (he saved Jounouchi's butt several times, the Hanasaki kid, his grandfather's card and Anzu). He got beat up mostly because he's brave enough to help other people, not because he attracts bullies. If he only gets beat up one or two times in the fic for plot device, it's okay. What really ticks me off is how people describe him as a willing punching bag for anyone, anywhere, and even got bullied by his "normal classmates" without the help of Yami and the gang.

4. Yugi is alway a slave in Ancient Egypt: this stereotype often go along with the past of being raped and abused, forbidden love, evil council, jealous wives and soap opera. I often avoid this kind of fic unless the fic don't have any of the things listed above, simply because in those fics Yugi was placed in so many terrible circumstances that my heart just can't bear it. Most of those fics end with tragedy or the happy ending wherein Yugi is still a sex slave (?).

5. Yugi is a depressed, angsty boy without his friends: in the first volume of the manga, Yugi seemed happy enough with his game. He did not seem to mind not playing with other people, as I said in (2), he's picky about who he be friend with. He is not the type who is always depressed and cut himself, he's only game obsessed (much like otaku in real life, they are anti-social but they are happy with what they do). I really don't like how people make him keep angst with himself about how his life sucked and what not before he solved the puzzle. Yugi is always an optimist person, before or after the series started.

6.Yugi is always the victim, no matter if it's abusive parents, rapist, sickness, bullies or accident: Same as (4) because I'm such a happy puzzleshipper who hate seeing my favorite character suffering.

I guess that's all I could think of at the moment. Poor Yugi. :(

Err...If you can read through all that, thank you.

I hate Yugi torture! fic so much, and most the time they describe every horrible things so graphically that I just wanted to slam my laptop shut (actually I did >_>). But what bug me more is when I read review saying along the line"That was great, please torture him more, don't stop, I love it." (?) It made me really disturbed.

Too bad Yugi is my fave character and I like to read about him T_T
Old 05-17-2012

Send a message via MSN to redconvoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitoki View Post
Since, this topic about fanfiction, I'm going to rant about Yugi's fanon stereotype

It have been bugging me for a while. The following is how fandom often describe Yugi and I find myself pitying him so much. Ofcause they are fanfiction and everyone can do as they please,and some of them are not so bad, but it irritates me a bit since it's everywhere, like a fandom belief or something.

1. Yugi is always a gay boy: yeah, most people believe that, because Yugi is small, cute, childish looking, polite and soft speaking. Of cause as a puzzleshipper, I want Yugi to like boys but canon evidence is something can't be ignored. In high school fics, people often describe Yugi as a gay boy who is shunned because of it and Yami is a popular boy who seemed to be straight. It's ironic since in canon Yugi have openly shown his interest in girl, and Yami just didn't care what gender he hang out with .He doesn't show any affection(no matter what kind of 'affection' it is) to anyone but Yugi, that was something, right?). In my belief, Yugi would be bi and Yami would be either bi or gay.

2. Yugi is a lonely boy who is shunned by everyone: Yes, Yugi was lonely at the start of a manga but he's not shunned.His classmates treated him fairly like any fellow classmate. At the manga's beginning there was a guy invited Yugi to play basketball but Yugi refused since he didn't want to make any team lost. In the chapter about the school festival, people actually acknowledge Yugi's suggestion. Therefore, Yugi is just a normal school boy like anyone, albeit being a game addict. Yugi didn't have friend because he's insecure about how people will react to his difference. He wants long term friend who hang out with him for how he is, not short term friends who only hang out with him because he acts like them.

3.Yugi is a bullies magnet: Okay, admittedly, Yugi is small and is an easy target, but I don't think he was bullied so much before the series start. For one, Yugi know who is trouble and know to avoid them. Two, Yugi is not so much of a bullies magnet that every single bullies seek him out, I think the Hanasaki kid is more of that type. Three, if he got bullied everyday in his life, he wouldn't bring a freaking golden box to school, he is smart enough. If you pay attention to the manga, Yugi was bullied only two or three time because of himself, and most of those time was because he was in a wrong place at the wrong time. Those guys could pick on anyone near them, as long as their target is smaller than them. All the other time, Yugi got beat up for standing up for other people and things (he saved Jounouchi's butt several times, the Hanasaki kid, his grandfather's card and Anzu). He got beat up mostly because he's brave enough to help other people, not because he attracts bullies. If he only gets beat up one or two times in the fic for plot device, it's okay. What really ticks me off is how people describe him as a willing punching bag for anyone, anywhere, and even got bullied by his "normal classmates" without the help of Yami and the gang.

4. Yugi is alway a slave in Ancient Egypt: this stereotype often go along with the past of being raped and abused, forbidden love, evil council, jealous wives and soap opera. I often avoid this kind of fic unless the fic don't have any of the things listed above, simply because in those fics Yugi was placed in so many terrible circumstances that my heart just can't bear it. Most of those fics end with tragedy or the happy ending wherein Yugi is still a sex slave (?).

5. Yugi is a depressed, angsty boy without his friends: in the first volume of the manga, Yugi seemed happy enough with his game. He did not seem to mind not playing with other people, as I said in (2), he's picky about who he be friend with. He is not the type who is always depressed and cut himself, he's only game obsessed (much like otaku in real life, they are anti-social but they are happy with what they do). I really don't like how people make him keep angst with himself about how his life sucked and what not before he solved the puzzle. Yugi is always an optimist person, before or after the series started.

6.Yugi is always the victim, no matter if it's abusive parents, rapist, sickness, bullies or accident: Same as (4) because I'm such a happy puzzleshipper who hate seeing my favorite character suffering.

I guess that's all I could think of at the moment. Poor Yugi. :(

Err...If you can read through all that, thank you.

I hate Yugi torture! fic so much, and most the time they describe every horrible things so graphically that I just wanted to slam my laptop shut (actually I did >_>). But what bug me more is when I read review saying along the line"That was great, please torture him more, don't stop, I love it." (?) It made me really disturbed.

Too bad Yugi is my fave character and I like to read about him T_T
I read through it... I did a rant similar a while back of what I dislike in fics. They forgot Yugi gets ignored by Atem. That'll happen...NOT! Or Heba is Yugi's outgoing, assertive, kicka$$ brother (the anti-Yugi supposedly) is involved with Atem and Yugi is with Yami. Atem and Yami are brothers as well.

How about this for puzzle/blindshipping. If Atem (if he could exist) likes Yugi and he likes him back, how about they just like each other because they have a deep connection, not because they are gay or bi. Otherwise, they would be with a woman.
Old 05-17-2012

Quote:
How about this for puzzle/blindshipping. If Atem (if he could exist) likes Yugi and he likes him back, how about they just like each other because they have a deep connection, not because they are gay or bi. Otherwise, they would be with a woman.
That's totally what I thought, and it's how I wrote/would like to write about their relationship in my fanfiction/doujinshi too. I don't like to probe too deeply in romance but on their connection and what they go through together. I don't really like it when they make it a mere normal relationship (dating,love triangle , break up ect). I like to concentrate more on what they go through together, give and take,deep connection and completely trust. It sound unrealistic, but it's what I see in their relationship. It's also how I planned in my doujinshi too.
Quote:
They forgot Yugi gets ignored by Atem. That'll happen...NOT! Or Heba is Yugi's outgoing, assertive, kicka$$ brother (the anti-Yugi supposedly) is involved with Atem and Yugi is with Yami. Atem and Yami are brothers as well.
I also did a similar rant XD. I mean, if they make Heba past life and Yugi current life I could accept it (even though I like the idea of Yami and Yugi be two half of the same soul more), but making Heba Yugi's twin to hook up with Atemu who is Yami's twin who are both more perfect than Yami and Yugi is just as bad as making Sue/Stu. I really don't like those kind of things. XD
Old 05-17-2012

Blurb: Don't fake the funk on an elephant's trunk.

Heba seems really unnecessary, since Yugi already has a past self--Atem. It seems like Heba is all the things Yugi should be, if Yugi were in-character.

Also, if Yugi were such a friendless wimp, how would he have become friends with Tea? Or stood up to Ushio when he was beating up Joey and Tristan?

I get the feeling Yugi is perfectly confident. He's insecure and a little awkward sometimes, but he's not a total wallflower.

I once toyed with the idea of Yugi trying to be a hard-ass (after Yami/Atem leaves). He was trying to get Joey and Tristan's toughness to rub off on him, because he was with Kaiba and wanted to hold his own against him off the field. It got kind of ridiculous as I wrote the outline.
Old 05-17-2012

I acctually just read I think the most creepest fanfic ever. It had cannablism in it and its called Boogie man under BakuraxRyou on FF and I don't know why but I kept reading it. Bakura was a cannable and ate only children and what he does to Ryou is so bad DX Then Marik, Y.Marik, and Thief Bakura are thrown into the story and everything just gets weird and creepy.
Old 05-17-2012

.____. I think I wanna read it...
Old 05-17-2012

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7371298/1/Boogie_Man

good luck to ya
Old 05-17-2012

Hm, its not that bad actually. Well, I'm only on chapter 2, but im sure it gets even more twisted. I like dark/horror stories. But it kinda reminds me of the movie Wrong Turn for some reason o.O (I thinks its just the cannibalism)
Old 05-17-2012

Thats what I thought to.. Till later. Wrong turn I think also has incest.. Well I think thats later movies I remember seeing the DVD because my roommate had them XD
Old 05-17-2012

lol, yeah it had incest. Really disturbing movie, but Wrong Turn 3 was so fake. -_- The graphics were horrible.
Old 05-17-2012

I never saw it. I mean horror movies just got plainly stupid after a while. I still like the classic Halloween though. I mean some forgein horror movies are better than some of the ones we make or adapt. That reminds me of the Deathshipping fanfic Hello. XD It all starts with horror movies
Old 05-17-2012

Tales from the Crypt never gets old. x3 I do miss the classic horror movies though. Nowadays though, I can predict whats going to happen in just about every horror movie. Theres no suspense anymore and everything is overly used/cliche.

(And I lol'd at the part where Bakura was singing in the fic)
Old 05-17-2012

I think the only recent horror movie I liked was Scream 4. The ending was interesting and they kept with the concept in all of the movies. I mean is that ever so hard to do?

Oh I know that part XD
Old 05-17-2012

Ooh, lucky! I haven't seen Scream 4 yet.
The Final Destination movies weren't so bad, but eh, after a while it gets old. Not to mention extremely predictable because you KNOW someone is going to die from a freak accident. Ugh, that movie almost made me not want to EVER ride a roller coaster again! >.<
Old 05-17-2012

I didn't see that series for that reason. I mean if I really wanted to see a gore fest I could've just watched Saw. Although Saw was terrible. Only reason I really like Scream and Halloween is because those were my first horror movies.. at the wonderful age of 5 XD

But yeah so how is Boogie Man?
Old 05-17-2012

Saw and Scream were just a bit humourous to me. idk why

And the fic is pretty awesome! I'm on chapter 6. Really intense stuff man o_o
Old 05-18-2012

It will get scarier man.. I promise you that. Just wait till you get to the basement D:

Although I forget what chapter 6 has... I'm on like chapter 23 after not reading it for 3 months
Old 08-22-2012

Blurb: Can't blame a girl for trying to make a little cash.

Quote:
To help save Kaiba Corp. from failure in America, Kaiba must become a foreign exchange student and go to high school! Will he be able to withstand the mediocrity of living like a commoner? KxOC, just for fun later.

No, just, no. Why does he need to go to school in order to save Kaiba Corp? This plot makes about as much sense as a bag of potatoes. And then there is an OC, which just makes everything better...
Old 08-22-2012

Blurb: Don't hate lovers :)

I recommend this writer
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/472022/D..._Insane_Spirit
She has quite a few stories and she writes very well
Old 08-22-2012

Blurb: Can't blame a girl for trying to make a little cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaTeddyClaws View Post
I recommend this writer
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/472022/D..._Insane_Spirit
She has quite a few stories and she writes very well
She's under my favorite authors list and I didn't even realize it until I tried adding her and it told me she was already on there.

And 139 stories is way more than a 'few'...

I couldn't even write that many stories on my best day.
Old 11-20-2012
Closet Trekkie

Blurb: I am Lorde, Ya Ya Ya
Send a message via MSN to GcarOatmealRaisinCookies

Quote:
It’s the end of a school day, and Tami Luver and Yugi Motou are cleaning up the classroom as quickly as they can, so the can go to their homes and be free from classes. The two are chatting and having a pleasant conversation Tami and Yugi have been friends for awhile now. Almost everyday after school Tami goes over to Yugi’s place to play some games, the only times she doesn’t is if she has to do stuff with her family or has to go to a dance class.

Tami loves to dance, she has taken Jazz, Tap, Modern, and African dance classes. She recently signed up for a Ballet class. It was weird, the sign up sheet gave a time and a date for the class, but not the name of the teacher. Curious, Tami signed up anyway.

“So are you going to come over to my house, today, so we can finish that Monopoly game we were playing?” Yugi, asked absently.

Tami responded, “I can’t, today. I just signed up for a new Ballet class. Maybe tomorrow.”

Yugi, disappointed, shrugs. “Ok, if that’s what you got to do. When you have your first recital, I’ll come to it.”

Tami, “All right, thanks.” Tami hugged Yugi, always grateful for his support. He’s such a nice guy, and a good friend. “If you want, you can even come and watch my first class, today. I’m kind of nervous, I know the time and place, but the teacher wasn’t listed on the form. I wonder who it is.”

Yugi, “I’d love to come and watch, but Grandpa, kind of wants me home to help out at the game shop, as soon as I get done with school.”

“Ah, I understand.” Tami nods.

Yugi and Tami finish their work, bid each other adieu, then head off in their separate directions. Away from Tami, the Millennium Puzzle around Yugi’s neck glows, to signify a switch had taken place between Yami and Yugi. Yami, in Yugi’s body, turned around and headed in the opposite direction, away from the game shop.

At the Dance studio, Tami had arrived and changed into her Ballet things. She was stretching at the bare, waiting for the teacher to arrive. Other than Tami, the classroom was empty, apparently nobody else signed up for it. Suddenly, the door opens behind her, she looks, it appears to be Yugi, but not Yugi. An older and taller version of her friend enters, only instead of Yugi’s blue school uniform, Yami is wearing a pink Tutu.

“Hello, Tami, so pleased you could make it to my Ballet class. I’m going to be your instructor , my name is Yami.” The guy in the Tutu introduces himself.

Tami is like all confused and O_o at Yami’s appearance, she is trying not to laugh, but his boisterousness and the tutu aren’t helping matters. “ Um… Hi.” She replies.

Yami continues, completely oblivious to her confusion and face. “All right, the first thing we’re going to do, are some Pleats, then we‘re going to do some lifts, and then I think we can both go home for the day. Ready, and first position, go 1...2...3...1...2...3...”

Tami and Yami get through their warm up exercises and the rest of class with little to no incident. At the end, Tami and Yami have changed back into their regular clothes and they are saying goodbye to each other. Tami walks away, starting to giggle with Yami out of earshot. It was a good class, but she thinks Yami is just too much as her teacher. She may find another Ballet class, seeing a guy that looks so much like Yugi in a tutu was just too much. “He’s going to be teased so hard, tomorrow, at school, because of it.” Tami laughs to herself.
YamiLuver wanted a story of her and Yami, so I wrote her a clean one.
http://forum.yugiohtheabridgedseries...cussionid=2294

I also put it in my group, I hope she likes it.
Old 04-02-2013

Blurb: "The world revolves around money, plain and simple."

My friend's been writing fan fiction recently, and i like hers alot. They're mostly about Yami though. I'll post links if you want to read them.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9055733/1/Afflicted
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9037838/1/Broken
And a poem she wrote about Yami and Bakura's duel at Battle City.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9035254/1/Dark-Sanctuary
Haunting Past is a good one, its by SokiKuro.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8803981/1/Haunting-Past
Also, Time-Police is starting a good fic at deviantart.
http://fav.me/d5yi8jz
Hope you guys enjoy those.