This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Books & Literature
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2007

I figured it might be easier to have a separate thread with nothing but spoilers for those who have read the book and want to discuss it.

[ It was kind of depressing seeing THAT many people die. Mad-Eye, Dobby, Fred, Lupin, Tonks, and most of all...HEDWIG ;_; When you kill the pet, you KNOW you're an evil SOB! (talkin' bout Voldemort, not JK Rowling =P) ]
Old 07-22-2007

Okay^^
What was the point of the dragon(besides the obvious)? I mean, it didn't really connect with anything else... I'd have atleast thought it was Norbert or something

but the annoying clues and riddles were really fun
Old 07-22-2007

Overall I thought the book was a little dissappointing IN comparison with the spectacularity of the previous 6 books. So many people died for such stupid reasons :/ I mean, Dobby dies and he shouldn't even have been there. He just pops out of nowhere as just a means to kill him off it seems. I think like what, if you count it all up, a hundred or so people die between the last battle at hogwarts and all the people that Harry sees Voldemort kill in his head? o_O I guess Deathly Hallows wasn't just about the objects.
Old 07-22-2007

[ I really enjoyed the fight scenes that occurred at the very end including how Nagini and Voldemort were defeated.
And the Mrs. Weasely / Bellatrix duel was funny as hell.
But unfortunately, some of the secrets were not that surprising.
I knew Dumbledore requested Snape to kill him.
I also suspected Dumbledore was not 100% innocent about his family's situation, yet I was sure he did really regret it.
And it was no surprise to me that Harry was going to "die" and come back to life.
]
Great ending overall.
Old 07-22-2007

More random comments...

Harry= Jesus.
50.05% of my favorite character died.
Camping 101: bring a magical tent with everything you need.
Old 07-23-2007

And what was with the epilogue? It was like a bad fan fic.
Old 07-23-2007

well J K proved her love of fanfics in the last book :P but i think so many had to die to show the evil of voldemort and how hard it all was, i mean if only 2 people died or something then it'd be like "oh no it's voldemort the guy who kills on average about 2 of us every year... lets go play wizard chess"
Old 07-23-2007

last book was great, finished it in 11 hours :D exept the 19 years later chapter at the end, i think i figured out harry and ginny have 3 kids, named albus,james,and lily

ron and hermione have 2 kids, one called rose and the other .. cant remember its name :P
Old 07-23-2007
General Staff

Blurb: The one, the only, the Dix.

The other name you cant remember is Hugo.
Old 07-23-2007

wow yeah I thought the epilogue was a little.. umm cheesy but overall I think I give it a thumbs up!
Old 07-23-2007

I didn't think that the epilogue was cheesy at all, I just wished that we've could have seen the funerals for everyone who died (esp. George's reaction to Fred's death) and I wanted to know if Harry ever became an Auror. Plus, whatever happened to the Dursley's? Not that I really care what happened to them, but I still would like to know.
Old 07-23-2007

Blurb: I'm so cute I'll give you diabetes...the instantly fatal kind!

I wanted more in the ending. What about Luna? Seamus? Dean? Cho? Lavendar (I reread that paragraph and from the sound of it she seemed still alive. "Stirring body" is the key words) Whose the new minister? The new headmaster? What is everyone doing now there adults? How did Harry manage to raise Teddy?
Old 07-23-2007

mmmmmmmm...........she could write a book about it.......or continue on with it, writing about his kids
*but I don't think so*
EVERYONE wanted more in the ending....I'm thinking that's why she did it, you know?
Old 07-23-2007

Personally, I didn't like the epilogue at all, and so, I'm glad there isn't more of it. I agree with the bad fanfic post. That's what the entire sixth book felt like to me. I hated it.

I wouldn't want her to continue this series, but rather, to write a series of seventh book featuring around the Marauders. To me, James Potter and the Birth of the Marauders sounds like a great title to me.
Old 07-24-2007

A Marauders series would be great, but I don't know if JKR'd be willing to downplay Harry like that. All of the evidence points to the fact that James was way cooler than Harry, not to mention loads smarter, so pretty soon James would probably become everyone's new favorite boy wizard. And Sirius and Remus, too, of course. Harry wouldn't stand a chance against his dad.
Old 07-24-2007

The only part I didn't like was 19 Years Later. It sort of felt like she was setting up for a stupid book about the kids at school, from Al's point of view. The Prince's Tale had to be the best chapter in any of the books ever, though.
Old 07-24-2007

wow. i thought the ending was soooo good because i totally did not want harry to die. and when i learned all about snape: i almost couldnt believe it. my feelings totally changed for the character, even if he isn't real to begin with. i started crying when i thought harry was walking to his death; idk why it just came over me
Old 07-24-2007

During the whole series, I hated Snape. The whole Snape killing Dumbledore thing just made me hate him more. Then my whole opinion changed in just one sentence. When Snape was dying and asked Harry to look at him (or something like that) I imagined Harry leaning down over Snape as Snape stared into his green eyes. Then later stuff about him and Lily was revealed in his memories, and I had to go back and reread that paragraph. I think that was one of the best parts of the book.

And when Hermonie mentioned near the beginning that she wiped her parent's memories and sent them away, I was shoked. It doesn't go into detail about it, but try to imagine it. It must have been horrible for the poor girl. It didn't even mention at the end wheather she gave them thier memories back or not. I hope she did, but nothing was mentioned about it.

But my favourite part in the whole book was when Harry pretended to be dead. Hagrid thought he saw harry die in front of him, and was forced to carry his body back to Hogwarts. Hagrid, the guy who held a Support Potter party, had to carry his dead hero back to everyone else. Harry didn't even get a chance to tip him off he was really alive. And when they all got back to Hogwarts, everyone saw the dead Harry Potter. It even describes McGonegall's scream. Just imagine what everyone was thinking and feeling!
Old 07-24-2007

I cried at Dobby and Hedwig...wasn't fussed about the people.
But overall was a good book
Old 07-24-2007

I was sad about the deaths of Dobby, Fred, Mad Eye Moody, Lupin, and Tonks.
Old 07-24-2007

Dumbledore was a jerkwad for most of the books and they forget about it. I mean he freaken sends Harry to get the horcruxes because he's the most disposable. He was all business and nothing else.

It was hilarious when Hedwig died. I mean she freaken EXPLODED!
Old 07-24-2007

yeah when i read the dialogue of snape ("look at me" or something) i felt like i was expecting something else from snape, like an expression. i wish he was able to say something more to him, but i guess its better the way its written.
Old 07-24-2007

i also have to say that everything in the book was so intricately woven together, that when i was reading i was piecing so many bits of information together; it was as if i was trying to find the horcruxes myself. it was that good of a book to me.
Old 07-26-2007

Snape died! So upset! I didn't cry though, I was a little detached from what was going on because I was concentrating on not getting my tuna sandwich all over the pages.
Old 07-26-2007

I thought Harry was really gonna die. Every time I read a new book I always read the table of contents and it said, "A Flaw in the Plan." I was shocked at the end cause I really thought Harry would have died.
Old 07-29-2007

I kind of agree that the epilogue was too short, but I liked what Rowling put into it. I still think that there could have been some brief descriptions of what happened to Luna, what everyone's careers were and whatnot WITHOUT making an entire book out of it.

And yes, people did seem to die for random reasons. I really thought the deaths of Lupin, Tonks and Fred especially were just so out of nowhere and completely pointless since we didn't see how the families reacted. I mean, Harry kills Voldemort, and Ron acts like nothing's wrong in the world, even though one of his brothers died. Seems like the last few major deaths were very undermined.

But besides that, I still loved the book. =)
Old 07-29-2007

She was just wanting you to know what happened to them.
Old 07-29-2007

No she didn't! The killing curse causes instant death that muggles can't find out how they died. If she exploded then they could detect it.
Old 07-29-2007

A maurader's series does sound cool. Too bad she already said that she wasn't doing any pre-quils...
Closed Thread