This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: Abridged Series Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2011

Default Card Games on Motorcycles... IN 3D!

So I woke up early(to me) this morning, skipped my breakfast, and traveled many miles in the snow, to find the closest, back in the wall theater that would be playing this movie at 11:00 AM in the morning.

So after over paying for 3D tickets, and popcorn because I was starving, I finally arrived at my destination.

The 3D Yugioh Bonds Beyond time movie!!!!!

So, as such the movie was scheduled to start at promptly 11:00 AM

...at 11:10 the movie still hadn't started yet. Great movie, my hopes were already so high. I felt like shouting whether this was the first round of the game yet or not.

Anyways, finally the movie began, and after the torture of previews for upcoming Nickelodeon, and bad pixar films, I was finally treated to what I had paid for.

Up started the opening of the movie, giving us a brief back story for the characters we know and may or may not love...... and it kept going, and going and going, ect.

So after almost a half hour of recycled footage I had already seen (Which BTW, 90's quality anime does not transfer to 3D very well, my eyes are still bleeding) I realized what a cop-out that was, considering this was only an hour movie.

Finally we get to see Yusai(SP?) and New Domino city, I think, I haven't watched 5D's, and yes, CARDS GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES!!!!!! First I'd like to admit that I did restrain myself from shouting that...... at least till after the movie when the rest of the 25 people were shouting it.

Besides what I feel is the absolute hokey plot of Yugioh in general, and especially 5D's. (I just want to mention that I hate you Judai and Yubel) It wasn't too bad. Sure we had the same voice actors from 4Kids, and the spawned from hell catch phrases, (I'm sorry to the theater when I laughed like a hyena when they first said, "Get your game on".) It was actually entertaining to watch. The 3D effects, even though they did A LOT of that "it's coming right for you" effects, it was still pretty awesome. I actually enjoyed watching the dragons effects as they came out 3 to 4 times each.(What was up with that?)

Though it said that they were in it together, honestly Yusai stole the screen as main character. Judai/Jayden was actually willing to work with people and not steal the show(it's the sign of the apocolypse!) But honestly Yugi just felt like he was along for line ride.

The Villain was the type that just made me want him to scream, "Fear my Genericness!" Really, his motives, and how he managed to do things were waaaaay to vague, and honestly he was technically the good guy of the show if you believe his whole, Card games doomed civilization theory. Honestly the only reason the good guys could come up with for beating him is that destroying card games meant killing everyone related to card games. (How the hell would that work? No really, explain the physics of that to me?) Also, apparently card games built Europe, that's why it must be destroyed(????)

The last thing I'll say about the movie is actual concerning Grandpa Muto, so I'll put this in spoilers just because.

Yes, he dies. No, he doesn't actually stay dead. They just don't even bother giving him a touching, "Oh I'm alive" scene. It's just basically implied. Yeah, that made me disappointed after all the hype I heard about it. Actually with that Pegasus Dies too, and no one seems to care..... oh other then the whole, he's the key to the future of card games thing? But Grandpa Muto's dying words have got to be some of the funniest I've heard him say, in fact it was his only line. Dragons pop out of no where and he goes, "Oh, My Lazer Eye surgery really works. It's almost like those holograms are real." And then he gets blasted and dies along with hundreds of others.

Oh, one last thing I'll say is Pegasus lines really annoy me. His last scene made me really happy. LOL
Old 02-26-2011

Blurb: TheOcean is waving.

hmm
Old 02-26-2011

>Yuugiou movie
>Expecting anything else other than some cheap recycled plot invented to sell cards and make money
>Prepare to be disappointed.

Just saying.
Old 02-26-2011

Blurb: I will crossdress for tequila.

*flies in*
I care that Pegasus dies! D:<

He made duel monsters obviously he's the key to the card games future. IS THIS NOT A GIVEN

also...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheero View Post
bad pixar films
what...? I'm sorry I didnt know bad and pixar could be in the same setence...weird.

Also, YOUR LINES ANNOY ME.
Old 02-26-2011

Blurb: TheOcean is waving.

Cars 2
Old 02-26-2011

You shh.

Toy Story.
Old 02-26-2011

I fucking love Toy Story.

You paid for an only hour length movie? With motorcyles and reused characters and overrated 3D-ness and...

Wow. You're brave.
Old 02-26-2011

I plan on going and seeing it again with a bigger group of people........ also stealing the movie poster.
Old 02-26-2011

Blurb: People say you can't live without love...i think oxygen is more important!
Send a message via Yahoo to RipMyHeartInTwo

I went to the Yu-Gi-Oh 3D movie as well. ;DDD
I thought it was a really good but yet, I felt it was missing something.
Hmm.. :/ It could be that Yugi didn't get enough screen time. I do agree with you about 'Yugi just felt like he was along for line ride'.
Old 03-09-2011

Blurb: I miss you Mr. Tweetums
Send a message via AIM to MarikIsSexy

-Love that movie best movie ever my life was made-
Old 03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarikIsSexy View Post
-Love that movie best movie ever my life was made-
..........................? I hope you're talking about Toy Story, otherwise I'm going to have to ask you to pass some of what you are smoking over here.
Old 03-10-2011

Blurb: Fear my bitch curl!

I saw the movie, and it wasn't as sucky as I thought it would be, although Yusei hogging the screen did get kind of annoying, and the fact that they made Jaden keep that crummy actor that he has in the dub just pissed me off. Jaden's lines were annoying(he couldn't stop saying 'dude' and 'bro') but if you've watched the show before then you're used to it.

I give it a 5/10, solely because my heart wouldn't let me rate it any lower.

@Redheero: You aren't the only one that hopes they were talking about Toy Story.
Old 03-10-2011

Am I the only one who thinks this would have been a much more interesting movie if, instead of trying to kill Pegasus, Paradox tries to save Cecilia? In one, Pegasus gets a bigger role with some actual weighting behind it, the heroes are forced to question their actions against him, and Paradox doesn' seem like an idiot. And if nothing else, we can have an explanation for one thing that always bothered me - why she exploded.
Old 03-10-2011

Yes. ;-;
Lets be best friends.
I could never imagine YGO ever being that deep though.
That would have stopped dual monsters from existing if Cecelia were to be alive.

Stupid Paradox and your weird hair.
Old 03-11-2011

Wibbers, that would have been a great plot line of moral dilemma?......... Wait, where have I heard that plot line before? Oh yeah, Star Trek. LOL. Honestly I'd of liked that plot better, but this is Yugioh we're talking about. They haven't really had a deepish plotline since, I dunno season 1 of the original. (Yugi wanting to save his Granpa but having to compete against Kaiba trying to save his brother.) And really there's no way you can fit that into a 30 minute OVA. (Which they still charge full price for, the bastards.) Also having the bad guy do something quasy good, (Though would honestly make more sense since he was TRYING to SAVE the world.) That would give him an emotional depth and character unbecoming of a generically evil throw-a-way villain.

And Pegasus, Look at Ze(X)el's hair. What would you call that? Besides Pinkish-gay?
Old 03-11-2011

For the record, I had no idea they did that in Star Trek. I don't know my Khans from my Klingons.

I realise this was an unambitious project, one might even say a cynical cash grab aimed at the die hard fans of this series, rather than something for them to like. But that doesn't stop us from thinking of what could have been better. As for the series always having been shallow, I'd give them slightly more credit than that, there are definitely some good arcs. Like when Bakura watched the blood of everyone he had ever known and loved drained from their bodies for arcane spells after they were forced to become criminals after being marginalised. Or when a spirit that had grown psychoticly obsessive with Jaden tried to destroy him for moving on with his life when she didn't. There are good moments, I just think this could have been another, instead of shit.
Old 03-13-2011

Send a message via MSN to Judai Yuki

Don't be hatin' on Judai and Yubel.
GX was an amazing series, and I happened to like it a lot better than the original.
>_>

I'm not really expecting a whole lot from the movie, but I'd kill to see it in theatre.
"North America" only seems to mean the "United States", so us in Canada are pretty much screwed until the DVD release, a far as I've heard.
Old 03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judai Yuki View Post
Don't be hatin' on Judai and Yubel.
GX was an amazing series, and I happened to like it a lot better than the original.
>_>
Okay, someone REEEAAALLLYYY needs to pass what everyone is smoking over here.

For the record, Yubel is the Worst. Character. Ever. That arc absolutely ruined everything that show had stood for up to that point.
Old 03-17-2011

That show stood for something before then?
Old 03-17-2011

Zing!
Old 03-17-2011

I'm serious. This is the same series that revealed that Dueling was as important as the economy and politics (as well as two people being able to "control" both those things - you figure that out), a war with the vampires, Amazon werecats, a brainwashing cult starting up in a school, a 7000 year old alchemist getting a job at a school then living in a cat, an orbital satelite capable of brainwashing every human being on the planet only being stopped by one kid, while every other world leader was apparently cool with it being activated, and worst of all, people actually trusting someone who looks Crowler with their children when everything about him screams sex offender.
Old 03-17-2011

You forgot that, "In the beginning there were card games, then there was earth." I'm not kidding, this is canon. Card Games created existence. Please explain this to me. No wait, I really don't want to know. What I meant was it took away the fun feeling, and bonds of friendship, and, I don't know, people OTHER then Judai actually doing something or being good at something.
Old 03-17-2011

Blurb: Interplanetarypurplythorny Dragon~

CARD GAMES = GENESIS

Who said this and when did it happen?
Old 03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheero View Post
You forgot that, "In the beginning there were card games, then there was earth." I'm not kidding, this is canon. Card Games created existence. Please explain this to me. No wait, I really don't want to know. What I meant was it took away the fun feeling, and bonds of friendship, and, I don't know, people OTHER then Judai actually doing something or being good at something.
Wait, I must have missed that. Did that happen when Bastian, Crowler, Zane, Alexis and Chazz got wiped out by the Shadow Riders and Jaden beat 75% of them by himself? Or when everybodies lives stopped dead when Jaden went missing? Or when Jaden beat everyone in the Genex tournament, only letting Chazz take the prize cause he couldn't be bothered to stick around? Face it, the entire series was about just him and ignoring everyone else

As for the bonds of friendship, wasn't the whole point of that arc testing the bonds of friendship? Its all well and good to just prattle on about how friendship is so great, but the true test of that is how you act when the chips are down. Not just standing by your friends, but if need be, standing up to them.

And the whole "In the beginning there were card games, then there was earth.", thing, according to Google, you're the only person on the internet thats ever said that.
Old 03-18-2011

Blurb: Attention, Duelists! My mullet says hi!

Card games on motorcycles?!! BTW I went to the movie too. But I lost my Malefic Red-Eyes. Now it's time to destroy the world!
Old 03-20-2011

*laughtrack*
Old 03-22-2011

I think I see your problem Wibbers. You only watched the dub.
Old 03-26-2011

I don't care what language you watch it in, Crowler will never look like anything other than a sexual deviant.

Also, near as I can tell, the only change that was ever made in GX between the English and Japanese versions was that the fat guy's divorce was never mentioned. Other than that, there was nothing as unbelievably stupid as "Dark Energy Discs".

Now if you're referring to the Manga as opposed to the Anime, the difference is I don't have to go out in public and actively try and find a physical copy of the Anime. If anyone knows of an online resource where I can find said Manga, I'd probably go through it.
Old 03-26-2011

Blurb: I'm eating your brain RIGHT THIS MOMENT. Nomnomnom.
Send a message via MSN to UsagiSquared

Well if it's the original series you want... http://ygomanga.blogspot.com/

But if you're talking about GX (for some reason) I'm pretty sure tenmanga has that.

Along with most libraries I'm finding... (I can't go anywhere without spotting a copy of one of the volumes...)
Old 03-27-2011

Hey, don't go dissing on GX. It's actually my favourite series because there was some serious main character development happening. Also because I really just like Judai's character (in the original Japanese version) and hair, and Winged Kuriboh was just too cute to resist. Sure, the plotline was really farfetched (especially when they travel to another dimension and all), but can you honestly say it's worse than 5D's (which I kinda like as well)?

And maybe because I have a thing for when "the main character turns unexplainably evil", to quote the Yu-Gi-Oh GX TAS.

AND ON THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD, I would have loved to see this movie even if my favourite character wasn't in the spotlight, because I love Yu-Gi-Oh even if the plot goes as far as risking the fate of the entire world (and the salvation of the invention of Duel Monsters) to, what is merely, a children's card game.