This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Forum Community > Forum Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2012

Default Forum Game: The Forum Game

General Summary:

Players sign up each Round. Each Round is composed of a tournament, where the players engage in one on one matches.

In these matches, they try to make a better forum game than their opponent can. A panel of judges, who cannot be players, have their own sign up pool. As of right now, the pool is limited to three people, as I doubt dozens of you are going to sign up. Each Judge simply picks which one they like better, preferably saying why.

You cannot use the same forum game repeatedly. What constitutes a forum game being a clone is determined by the judges. If a majority of the judges say it's a clone, the player must either forfeit or make another one. They may only submit three game ideas per match.

Whoever wins gets the eternal respect and/or possibly the eternal enmity of their peers on the forum. Awesome, right?

[ Disclaimer: This may or may not be a scheme to put more life into the forum games section. ]

Tournament Diagram:
-To be added later-

Judges:
Quote:
1. gcar90
2. bakurachick
3. Ebilkittyprincess28
Players:
Quote:
1. TheOcean
2. gwtyler1985
3. Zairak
Audience Members:
Quote:
1. 0mnislash17
2. musigal
3. geminigirl
Past Winners:
Quote:
1st Tournament: Gcar90 - Youtube scavenger hunt
Game Bank (by player):

Last edited by Zairak; 02-08-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Old 01-14-2012
Has been noticed

Blurb: Yo.
Cobra
Send a message via MSN to bakurachick

i sign up as a judge :)
Old 01-14-2012

Blurb: A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. So is a lot.

sign up as a judge 'cuz I'm extremely uncreative when it comes to this sort of thing :p
Old 01-14-2012

Blurb: You may say I lost everything; but I still had my bedazzler.

I sign up as Simon.
Old 01-14-2012

VVas going to vvait and see if vve had enough judges, but that seems taken care of, so I'll sign up too.
Old 01-14-2012

No I wanted to be judge!
Old 01-14-2012

Guess that's all 3 filled then.
Old 01-14-2012

Blurb: And then...The Kid fell to his death. Nah, I'm just foolin.

Yo dawg. I heard you like forum games, so I put a forum game in your forum game, so you can play a forum game while you're playin' a forum game!

Forumception.
Old 01-14-2012
Sex-Administrator

Blurb: This is a Blurb

I sign up
Old 01-14-2012

Blurb: Remember kids, Scarecam LP's are downright terrible.

I might as well sign up as Three dog

Last edited by Theninjaslayer29; 01-15-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old 01-14-2012

Send a message via MSN to Ninjasplaycardgames2 Send a message via Yahoo to Ninjasplaycardgames2

I will sign up and win
Old 01-14-2012

Blurb: A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. So is a lot.

Zairak change me to Yami Bakura just for the hell of it [ and so I can copy ocean :P ]
Old 01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theninjaslayer29 View Post
I might as well sign up as Three dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebilkittyprincess28 View Post
Zairak change me to Yami Bakura just for the hell of it [ and so I can copy ocean :P ]
Edited.
Old 01-15-2012

Blurb: Nod at the bird and PEOPLE DIE, everywhere PEOPLE DIE!
Send a message via AIM to 0mnislash17 Send a message via MSN to 0mnislash17

I wish to be an audience member.
Old 01-15-2012
Closet Trekkie

Blurb: I am Lorde, Ya Ya Ya
Send a message via MSN to GcarOatmealRaisinCookies

I sign up as a participant.
Old 01-15-2012

Old 01-16-2012

Right.

Making a tournament grid picture thing or vvhatever.

first match is betvveen me and grimfang999.

Probably start tomorrovv night.
Old 01-17-2012
Sex-Administrator

Should be an interesting match
Old 01-17-2012
Golden-Circle Lurker

Blurb: My kitties are doopy and floopy, and I love them!
Send a message via AIM to musigal Send a message via MSN to musigal Send a message via Yahoo to musigal

I also wish to spectate. =)
Old 01-17-2012
Closet Trekkie

Blurb: I am Lorde, Ya Ya Ya
Send a message via MSN to GcarOatmealRaisinCookies

I can't wait for my match with Slayer, I just put the finishing touches on my game. Like roles and powers and stuff. I may test drive it if it wins.
Old 01-17-2012

Blurb: Remember kids, Scarecam LP's are downright terrible.

I should start working on my game i suppose...
Old 01-18-2012

Blurb: ^^

...*offers musical and omni some popcorn*
Old 01-18-2012

Okay.

Personal issues abound, so forget the tournament grid for now. Not as if you can really lose track of 5 players anyway.

Here is the basic layout we are looking at for the first series of matches.

The first match will be me against grimfang999.

The second match will be Ninjasplaycardgames2 against Theninjaslayer29.

Gcar90 gets a bye on the first series of matches and will go against the victor of Ninjasplaycardgames2 VS. Theninjaslayer29.

The winner of that goes on to face the winner of the match between grimfang999 and myself.

So.

The first match, grimfang999 VS Zairak, begins now.

The participants have 3 days in which to post their game submission.

At the end of three days, or when both submissions have been made, whichever comes first, the Judges will have three days to post their opinions of the two games along with their final vote. If all three vote before the three days are up, the votes are tallied immediately and a winner is announced.

This will be the format for all matches.

Tournament Start.
Old 01-18-2012
Sex-Administrator

Mine will be posted tomorrow, have exam tomorrow morning I need to prepare for.
Old 01-18-2012

This will be my submission.

The Game: The Forum Game

Summary:
This game is an ongoing board game. It is somewhat similar to Chess in basic structure and is played with seven pieces and two players. The goal is to get as many of the seven pieces across the five zones, each made up of four rows, which make up the board, sized at 20x10 squares, while taking as many of the opponent's pieces as possible. When a player reaches the other side of the board with all their remaining pieces, the game ends and the points are tallied. Each player gets one point per surviving piece and the player who reached the other side gets four bonus points.

The players are ranked according to the winner. At the beginning, there are no Ranks but Player. However, the first person who wins a match will be made King or Queen depending on their gender. Upon becoming King/Queen, the other player(s) become Subjects and the Player role disappears forever. The player that became King/Queen then has the opportunity to change exactly one rule of the game.

Unchangeable Game Rules:
1) The King/Queen may only change a rule once upon becoming King/Queen. They may change the rule in any way they want, so long as it is coherent and does not contradict another rule.
2) If the King/Queen lasts an entire week without losing their Rank, they may change another rule.
3) The King/Queen is not obligated to change a rule if they do not wish to.
4) However, they cannot simply wait out the weeks and accrue a store of rule changes. They may wait to change a rule, but afterwards they will have to wait another week to change another rule.
5) No rule may be utterly deleted, only changed.
6) No rule may be added; the current set of rules can only be changed.

Changeable Game Rules:
1) The board is made of a grid exactly 20 rows long and 10 columns wide.
2) The board is composed of five zones; two Home Zones, two Explorer Zones and a Battle Zone.
3) A Home Zone is the first four rows starting at one end of the board. The player that starts at that end of the board cannot be attacked there and cannot attack the other player there.
4) An Explorer Zone is the second four rows adjacent to the Home Zone on either side. There, the player that the adjacent Home Zone belongs to may attack the opponent, but they may not be attacked.
5) The Battle Zone is the four rows at the exact center of the board, length-wise, between the two Explorer Zones. Either player may attack or be attacked there.
6) To take an opponent’s piece, a player must position two of their pieces in squares touching the square the target piece is in.
7) Once taken, the target piece is removed from the board. The attacking pieces remain where they were.
8) At the beginning of their first game, a player has the opportunity to place their pieces within their home zone however they wish.
9) For all games after that, the surviving pieces from their last game are placed exactly as they when the last game ended. Any pieces that were lost in their last game, however, are replaced at will by the player in their own home zone in the new match. It does not matter which zone the surviving pieces happened to be in, they will be placed there.
10) The game pieces are the Player’s Piece, the Religion Piece, the Career Piece, the Family Piece, the Wealth Piece, the Land Piece and the Social Piece.
11) The Player’s Piece represents their life. If this piece is captured, the player immediately loses, no questions asked.
12) All other Pieces carry no special characteristics.
13) The game is played in Turns. First one player moves at least half of their pieces, rounded up, towards their opponents’ end of the board. Then the other player moves their pieces. They may move the other half however they wish. If they have an uneven number of pieces, the number required to move forward is rounded up.
14) All pieces can only move one square at a time in any direction.
15) As more players join and play matches, more Ranks will be created. These are completely arbitrary and determined by the GM, but generally follow the traditional hierarchy of royalty. They include Kings/Queens, Princes/Princesses, Dukes, Duchesses, Barons, Lords, Knights, Ladies, et cetera. The Subject Rank is always the lowest Rank, and the starting Rank.
16) To go up a Rank, you have to challenge somebody from the Rank above you. If you win, you go up to their Rank and they go down to the Rank you were at. If you are a Subject and challenge another Subject, the winner is promoted to the Rank directly above Subject, whatever it may be.
17) You may only challenge players that are one Rank above you, no higher. You may challenge those below you as often as you wish and are not obligated to accept their challenge until they have challenged three times.
18) The King/Queen is always required to accept a challenge, pending personal issues with their internet connection or computer.
19) If the King/Queen lose their Rank and immediately regain it, they may alter a rule.
20) Though there are seven pieces of different types, the player is not required to utilize every single type. They may forgo one or more types to have multiple types of another. They may not have any more or any less than seven pieces to start with, however.
21) After choosing their seven pieces, the player is stuck with those seven permanently thereafter.
22) Matches are normally conducted between the players themselves without the involvement of the GM. This is done by taking the map and pieces template and contacting the other player after announcing your challenge in the thread. The players then take turns editing the board with their moves and sending it back and forth to each other until the game reaches its end.
23) If one or both of the players claims that the other cheated, the match is null and void. Further, the next time the two players have a match, the GM is involved and edits the board for them.
24) Once you join, you are in the kingdom forever after. If you stop playing, then other players may simply challenge you four times in a row and claim your spot after you fail to reply four times.
25) Once a challenge has been made four times and rejected four times, the challenger rises up a Rank and the challenged person goes down a Rank.
26) Challenges may be made only once every three days to the same player.

Additional Information:
This game is set up with extremely simple rules at first. It is meant to evolve as successive Kings and Queens take the throne and alter the rules. It is, thus, both an ongoing game where past games affect the current game and an evolving game where the rules can constantly shift depending on who the best players are.

A Group is also available for Roleplaying purposes related to the emerging hierarchy of the kingdom as more players join in. The thread is mainly there for easy viewing of the rules and a place to announce challenges.

Last edited by Zairak; 01-19-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old 01-18-2012

Also, Judges.

I am pretty unlikely to be on during the time period of Thursday afternoon to Monday morning for quite some time.

You know what the appropriate time limits are for both the matches in this game and the judging period.

If I am not online to announce a winner or to move the game along in general, you have the authority to do so in my stead.
Old 01-21-2012
Has been noticed

Cobra

end turn for grim and zairak
Old 01-21-2012
Has been noticed

Cobra

Okay grim auto loses since he didn't submit a game in time so Zairak wins by default and it moves onto the second match Ninjasplaycardgames2 Vs Theninjaslayer29.

they have three days.

[ before anyone complains zairak asked me to start the next round since three days are up and he isn't here. ]
Old 01-21-2012

I agree. No game is shite, and makes for a shite win.
Old 01-21-2012
Has been noticed

Cobra

ninjas is switching with gcar therefore the next round will be gcar vs slayer instead