This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: Abridged Series Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2013

I am not quite sure anymore. I guess I was just searching for Yugioh and then it showed up on google and I wondered what it is.
Old 09-06-2013

Location: Surrounded by Daleks, the TARDIS nowhere in sight. Help!
Blurb: If anyone's stealing the Pharaoh's leather pants, it's me!

A friend showed me BBT Abridged. XD It was so funny, i started watching the whole series after that.
Old 09-06-2013
call me the Mime: silent but deadly

Location: In the deepest, darkest abyss in which your worst fears come to life to feast on your misery
Blurb: my macrophage will go phagocytosis ALL OVER your ass

I looked up yugioh parodies and this popped up
Old 09-06-2013
I don't always play a children's card game, but when I do, is a shadow's children's card game

Blurb: Only real men use Watapon

5 years ago I was searching for videos of Yu Gi Oh and I found "El juegos de tarjeta" since it it had the latin spanish dub I thought it was a chapter and started seeing it... Then all YGOTAS splendor appeared, I liked it and started watching the rest
Old 09-06-2013

*Inhale, then exhale*

Perhaps I should explain how I found the show as well, right?

Here goes: I found the series on YouTube. Need I say more?

I do? Ok, okay.

I was browsing that site since... I don't know how long. But I found the site while searching for clips of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo (I DO know that the show was on Toonami at the time).

'Get on with it'? Fine: I noticed some episodes of Yugioh: The Abridged Series on the site. However, I had assumed it would be some half-assed parody, so I gave it a pass.

Fast forward to... about 2007: The period where 'compost' videos are all the hype (at least I assume). Among the videos are the Bleach Got Owned and Project (One) Piece series. They have the sound clips to the TAS. In Bleach Got Owned, there is a clip of someone warning someone else not to look at Rangiku's breasts, as they are like a black hole. In Project Three Piece (The first part), there is recurring gag with Nami taking a bath and saying 'fanservice'...

You should know where the audio clips came from...

I also saw Ouran Hell (another compost vid), but it doesn't have YGO:TAS in the collection. But the user responsible for this also had a video containing moments of YGO:TAS that aren't as memorable but still good. And then there is a collection of Best Moments of YGO:TAS from Sniperking323 (at the time, it was up to 27 episodes, and featured the Abridged Movies & 2 Evil Councils). I gave them a look and, well... I'm piqued.

The first new episode I've seen when I 'joined the club', as one would say, is Episode 28. I'm currently among the many who still watch this. Whether it's a gift or a curse is up to you.
Old 09-07-2013
Baby Panda

Blurb: Firmly grasp it in your hand

I was feeling nostalgiac, so I was looking for the 4kids Yu-Gi-Oh dub, that I hadn't seen in years. I searched "Yu-Gi-Oh episode one" and episode one of YGOTAS came up. My life has never been the same! XD If I remember correctly, I found YGOTAS right around the time episode 54 came out.

Last edited by Mistyskye; 09-08-2013 at 05:35 PM.
Old 09-07-2013

Blurb: LONG LIVE THE PHARAOH~!

My friend introduced me to it. At first she was talking about it for a while, and I payed little attention... At that time, I hadn't even watched or read the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime or manga. Then one day I clicked the link to Episode 25 of YGOTAS that she posted in our IM chat. I laughed my head off at Yami getting censored to death swearing at Yugi! XD So I listened to the next episode, the next, and the next... But I wasn't really paying attention anymore. That's why I said *listen*, not watch ^^; I was doing homework. But then I decided to watch it closely from the beginning. I joined the fandom :D

After that, my friend showed me Episode 1 of Yu-Gi-Oh! Season Zero, and I was intrigued :D I watched it through to the end.

[Spoilers~!] Then that same friend who showed me YGOTAS and Season Zero accidentally spoiled for me the end of the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga, but then I was determined to read all the manga because I had already fallen in love with the plot. So I did just that, starting from "Season Zero" in the manga, to Millennium World. At the end, I bawled my eyes out all day long, and practically went into mourning for Atem for a month XD The only anime to ever make me cry more than Yu-Gi-Oh! was Naruto when Neji died. Neji is my favorite anime character of all time.

Determined to keep the Yu-Gi-Oh! feels flowing, I watched no other anime during this five month time span. So to have something anime/manga related to watch/read, I watched the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! anime :D and bawled my eyes out again at the end ;w;

Now Yu-Gi-Oh! is tied with Naruto and Pokemon for my favorite fandoms because of YGOTAS <3 I plan on being a fan of Yu-Gi-Oh! forever, and YGOTAS is one of the best things out there, especially for allowing a wonderful fandom to live on! :D
Old 09-07-2013

Blurb: If Melvin's hugs maim you... What would a kiss do?! O.O

I found it while looking up random Kingdom Hearts Videos... One of them had a ygotas voice over and I thought it was hilarious xD so I clicked on the person's channel and watched one of LK's con vidoes that the person had uploaded. I can't remember the name of the episode I saw, but it was wen Teá got attacked by Internet trolls... I've been hooked ever since ^-^
Old 09-09-2013

Blurb: The world is what you make of it.

I was looking for Yugioh Season 0 on Youtube and found YGOTAS instead and I loved it and Have been watching all of it ever since!
Old 09-12-2013

Blurb: Sailor says....NYEH!

I found yu yu hakusho abridged first and then found yugioh abridged through that. Got me back into yugioh after I stopped watching it as a kid lol
Old 10-20-2013

I saw my friends playing yugioh and I couldnt believe that yugioh was still a thing. I asked about it and eventually they told me about yugioh abridged and I was in love with the series ever since. It funny be/c I hated the show and manga as a child be/c it contained all the tropes I hated in story telling (cheesy friendship power/duess ex machina/ invincible hero hypocritical judgers etc) and the card game never interest me as a child because it seemed so expensive. (At an early age I saw the anime akira and it kinda ruin most shonen be/c it was so good!) Now I enjoy playing the game(online still expensive- lol) and though I still find the manga to be lack luster I find the abridged series to be so funny).
Old 10-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokuba kaiba! View Post
I saw my friends playing yugioh and I couldnt believe that yugioh was still a thing. I asked about it and eventually they told me about yugioh abridged and I was in love with the series ever since. It funny be/c I hated the show and manga as a child be/c it contained all the tropes I hated in story telling (cheesy friendship power/duess ex machina/ invincible hero hypocritical judgers etc) and the card game never interest me as a child because it seemed so expensive. (At an early age I saw the anime akira and it kinda ruin most shonen be/c it was so good!) Now I enjoy playing the game(online still expensive- lol) and though I still find the manga to be lack luster I find the abridged series to be so funny).
read the manga, that's better.