This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: Abridged Series Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2012

Send a message via MSN to redconvoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyPillow View Post
And with studying you mean partying? Ha ha but at university the strangest things become popular... and it always depends on the subject I guess. When I look at the law or economy students I know that I don't want to be a part of that plastic louis vuitton group. Nope, I'm more the 2.55 Chanel group, joking... I haven't got enough money (yet).
Heh. The study parties involving the keggers and stuff. ;D I went to a community college for a time and no one seemed to be into anything.
Old 04-27-2012

Blurb: One does not silly walk into Mordor!

- wants to look "community college" up
- no German wikipedia side about it, but 'Nederlands' and 'Svenska'... what da fuq?
- reads the Dutch entry for the lulz
- pointless post, sorry

I guess most people start to study when it's due ;) Means for me... at the same day of the test but it works wonderful. Heck, I once had an oral exam about 300 years of European History. That was crazy... from Russia over the Ottoman Empire till Spain.
Old 04-28-2012

Blurb: Friendship is MAGIC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redconvoy View Post
Tell your sister to be an individual and stop going with what's popular. She needs to treat you like she would like to be treated because when she leaves school, reality will hit her like a ton of bricks. No one in college cares what is popular because they are too busy studying. No one cares what is popular in the work place. It sounds like a real desperate attempt to fit in which sometimes is not worth it in the end.
I'm hoping it's a phase because she's being very curt and critical of what I do. We used to be very close but now... eh. We're still close, but not as much as before. She goes absolutely crazy when my dad's laptop (which she borrows) gets confiscated because she spends too much time on facebook/twitter and not enough on homework. Last time, she screamed and threatened to run away (and tried to) and began punching herself. And she skipped a day of school because she thought her hair looked weird even though it looked like it usually did.
Old 04-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by goggy View Post
I'm hoping it's a phase because she's being very curt and critical of what I do. We used to be very close but now... eh. We're still close, but not as much as before. She goes absolutely crazy when my dad's laptop (which she borrows) gets confiscated because she spends too much time on facebook/twitter and not enough on homework. Last time, she screamed and threatened to run away (and tried to) and began punching herself. And she skipped a day of school because she thought her hair looked weird even though it looked like it usually did.
I think it's more than a phase. Punching oneself over a laptop is not normal. Not going to school over a bad hair day? That is a sign of something deeper going on that I think your parents need to address. I've seen this in cases where I work and it's usually a sign of something else. I hope she gets over it, but there might be something unbalanced going on (maybe hormones out of whack or a chemical imbalance). Just a thought and something to think of.
Old 05-01-2012

Blurb: Don't fake the funk on an elephant's trunk.

I hate condescending preemptive apologies.

This happened (in real life, not online) where some people and I were discussing fanfiction and one person said they did requests, but nobody asks them for requests. They brought up this pairing (I forgot which one) without prompting and said in a snotty tone of voice, "I'm sorry, but I don't write that pairing, so don't even ask."

One, nobody was going to ask and nobody even brought it up. Why would you mention it?

Two, you don't need to apologize for not writing a certain pairing. Don't act like people are just unreasonable fan-brats who'll beg and can't take no for an answer. Give the readers some credit.

Three, don't flatter yourself. If I want to write that particular pairing, I'm perfectly capable of doing it myself.

Don't get me wrong, I can understand that they didn't want to write that pairing. But if nobody mentioned it, why bring it up in a completely unrelated conversation? Just so they could feel like they were some big shot who had millions of fandom "peasants" clambering to request fics from them?

Maybe it was just the smug tone that ticked me off. Maybe I was just in a crappy mood. Maybe I was just pissed because they kept bragging about their fics (that they had yet to post).

Edit: holy crap, that sounded kind of harsh. I don't mean to say it's wrong to refuse to write certain pairings (because that's certainly fine), I just don't like assumptions and condescension. That's really all I was ranting about: the assumptions this person made and their attitude.

Last edited by Kaleiphant; 05-01-2012 at 06:43 PM. Reason: sounded too harsh
Old 05-05-2012

Another short rant.

I hate it when people say, "All you millennials are spoiled and coddled." NO, NOT ALL OF US FUCKING ARE.

Nobody coddled me. I had to "earn my place" in the family by getting good grades and behaving. I'm pretty sure my parents would not have been so supportive of me as a child if I were a complete screw-up and never did anything.

I work my ass off, not just at school, but trying to develop skills and make artwork so that I can possibly run my own business. In the meantime, I look for jobs everywhere so I can get enough money to pay off college loans (scholarships and grants couldn't cover it all because my school was cheap as hell) and buy supplies to work with, in addition to buying food and shelter.

And in my free time, I practice my writing skills by writing fanfiction (I want to write original fiction). Even in my downtime, I try to be doing something productive or skill-building. Hell, I try to lucid dream so I can sleep-practice (studies have shown it's possible).

Generalizing sons of bitches. They should spend a day with me, if they think everyone born after 1980 is lazy.

And I'm sure there are lots of other not-lazy people born after 1980, too.

Last edited by Kaleiphant; 05-06-2012 at 12:34 AM.
Old 05-06-2012

Blurb: I will crossdress for tequila.

I was born after 1980! This is relevant to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 05-06-2012

Once again I have something to rant. What is it this time?

First off all: The exams for my graduation will soon take place. Strangely I don't feel like I'm under any pressure. The reason is simple: I got A grades in almost all subjects which means it's impossible for me to fail.

However there is a really sweet girl in my class I want to get closer with but she doesn't show any kind of interest. Somehow I'm torn apart because of that. Somehow I know she doesn't like me enough to be with me, but then again I can't stop thinking about this.
This just pisses me off.

Ah yes, and there is economics: Geez, this subject can kiss the darkest part of my white ***.
Old 05-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleiphant View Post
Another short rant.

I hate it when people say, "All you millennials are spoiled and coddled." NO, NOT ALL OF US FUCKING ARE.

Nobody coddled me. I had to "earn my place" in the family by getting good grades and behaving. I'm pretty sure my parents would not have been so supportive of me as a child if I were a complete screw-up and never did anything.

I work my ass off, not just at school, but trying to develop skills and make artwork so that I can possibly run my own business. In the meantime, I look for jobs everywhere so I can get enough money to pay off college loans (scholarships and grants couldn't cover it all because my school was cheap as hell) and buy supplies to work with, in addition to buying food and shelter.

And in my free time, I practice my writing skills by writing fanfiction (I want to write original fiction). Even in my downtime, I try to be doing something productive or skill-building. Hell, I try to lucid dream so I can sleep-practice (studies have shown it's possible).

Generalizing sons of bitches. They should spend a day with me, if they think everyone born after 1980 is lazy.

And I'm sure there are lots of other not-lazy people born after 1980, too.
Laziness knows no age. I know people born before 1980 that were lazy. Don't listen to people who think they know it all.
Old 05-20-2012

I reported some fics that were breaking the rules of fanfiction dot net.

I realize that some writers who are just starting off might not be exactly Shakespeare, but is it so hard to check the rules and not post chat/script fics that took (at most) three minutes to write? That sort of thing reflects badly on all of fanfiction writers.

They were all in humor/romance, too. Why is that genre so saturated with crap?

But I'm angry at myself for caring, not the badfic writers. And, really, who am I to do a thing like that when I'm probably no Shakespeare myself?
Old 05-21-2012

But you're way better than a chat-fanfic writer so... and it's against the rules. You have the right to call them out, if you ask me.
Old 05-23-2012

Right now I'm confused.

I want to study philosophy and I can combine it with another subject. Should I take turkology or indology? I'm interested in both however I can only take one...
Old 05-24-2012

Sexology, take it. So many things you could learn and apply to real life situations.
Old 05-24-2012

Even though it intrigues me, I want to study something language-related. I asked some friends and will soon talk with one person whose mother tonuge is Turkish and another guy whose native tongue is Hindi.

I think I will listen to both of them and then decide what I will learn.
Old 05-30-2012

Kids these days take themselves too seriously. Irks me to no end when someone cannot take a joke and roll with it, they gotta get all up in your tumblr shits and be all like "IM 15 PLEASE TAKE ME SRSLY PLEASE"

No ma'am, I will not.
Old 05-30-2012

Blurb: Binky Boy

hi there, Pegasus
Old 05-31-2012

Okay, today I heard some really corny jokes about the subjects of my choice but thankfully I have plan b: Teacher.
Screw the rules, I will teach.
Old 06-03-2012

^ You don't want to become a teacher!
Old 06-03-2012

Blurb: I'm here to kick a** and drink cups of tea and i'm out of te

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegasusJCrawford View Post
Kids these days take themselves too seriously. Irks me to no end when someone cannot take a joke and roll with it, they gotta get all up in your tumblr shits and be all like "IM 15 PLEASE TAKE ME SRSLY PLEASE"

No ma'am, I will not.
I'm 13 and you guys take me seriously
Old 06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakura's fangirl View Post
I'm 13 and you guys take me seriously
Do you know what jokes are? If so, that is probably why.
Old 06-07-2012

Quote:
^ You don't want to become a teacher!
Why not? You shouldn't ask: "How bad may he suffer?"
You should ask: "How bad will the kids suffer?"

I think that is the curse if you want to study "Geisteswissenschaft". You learn some awesome facts, you increase your knowledge of the world and you improve your skills when it comes to communication.

I love my native language and I want to learn how it was created, how it evolved etc.
First I wanted to study it with something exotic like Turkish or Hindi. However I want to earn money once I have completed my studies. Becoming a teacher seems to be the only reliable way to get a job...

Ah yes, I have something else to rant about: the girl I was interested in was totally undependable. In April she borrowed some money from me and said she would pay it back in a week. When did I get it back? Yesterday but only with some pressure. Maybe she has another comprehension of time itself and in her understanding June follows after April.
Old 06-07-2012

Furthermore: WHY the F... is it so hard to write "Es hat Sinn"? Everywhere I read "Es macht Sinn". Bullcrap!

For people who aren't German: It's like reading a very bad translation translated from Mandarin to English.
It's like reading "It do sense" the whole time. Not once, not twice, but the WHOLE freaking time.
Old 06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logi View Post
Furthermore: WHY the F... is it so hard to write "Es hat Sinn"? Everywhere I read "Es macht Sinn". Bullcrap!

For people who aren't German: It's like reading a very bad translation translated from Mandarin to English.
It's like reading "It do sense" the whole time. Not once, not twice, but the WHOLE freaking time.
I have absolutely no clue what you are talking about but, YEAH! Screw those guys who do that!
Old 06-16-2012

@Logi
So you're going to study 'Germanistik'? ^^ Good luck... It's not that bad, but... I wouldn't study it a second time. On the other side I only attended literature and don't know about linguistics...
PS: Wenn du wirklich Lehrer werden willst, ...[ dann lass dich nicht aufhalten. Das Land braucht gute Lehrkräfte, aber wenn du das nur machst wegen dem Job... dann würde ich an deiner Stelle nochmal drüber nachdenken. Das Studium ist kein Spaziergang (nach allem was ich höre). Sonst würde ich sagen: Lass dich nicht von dem Geschwätz der Wirtschaftseliten einlullen. Ich kenne so viele Geisteswissenschaftler, die sofort nach dem Studium einen Job gefunden haben. Dieser Mythos vom Fachkräftemangel ist eine Mär, die man kleinen Abiturienten erzählt, damit sie brav Maschinenbau studieren, damit die Wirtschaft bei Überfluss die Löhne drücken kann. Ohne die Geisteswissenschaften lässt sich kein Staat machen. Das weiß jeder, nur zugeben will es keiner. ]
Old 06-17-2012

Blurb: Can't blame a girl for trying to make a little cash.

Rant: People who have the balls to call themselves authors and then completely mess up the character names. This truly bothers me. I could live with the messed characterization because that is just humorous is so many ways, but the fact that the names are just wrong is annoying. It's Kaiba, not Kiba, Kibia, Kibya, or anything remotely spelled this way.
Old 06-17-2012

Quote:
@Logi
So you're going to study 'Germanistik'? ^^ Good luck... It's not that bad, but... I wouldn't study it a second time. On the other side I only attended literature and don't know about linguistics...
PS: Wenn du wirklich Lehrer werden willst, ...[ dann lass dich nicht aufhalten. Das Land braucht gute Lehrkräfte, aber wenn du das nur machst wegen dem Job... dann würde ich an deiner Stelle nochmal drüber nachdenken. Das Studium ist kein Spaziergang (nach allem was ich höre). Sonst würde ich sagen: Lass dich nicht von dem Geschwätz der Wirtschaftseliten einlullen. Ich kenne so viele Geisteswissenschaftler, die sofort nach dem Studium einen Job gefunden haben. Dieser Mythos vom Fachkräftemangel ist eine Mär, die man kleinen Abiturienten erzählt, damit sie brav Maschinenbau studieren, damit die Wirtschaft bei Überfluss die Löhne drücken kann. Ohne die Geisteswissenschaften lässt sich kein Staat machen. Das weiß jeder, nur zugeben will es keiner. ]

Thank you for your answer. Regarding your spoiler
[ Recht hast du. In Deutschland gibt es ja leider ein Medienmonopol.
]
Old 06-19-2012

Blurb: Vince/Stuart = OTP!

I hate the internet. I hate, hate, hate the internet! I've been searching for months for full episodes of Gravitation with English subs, and now I finally find them, up to at least episode thirteen, and they're all there on YouTube- but they've been taken down! I was so freaking close to being able to watch the anime, but now it's gone! And the only available subbed episodes I can find are in Spanish or Italian! I can't become fluent in one of those languages just to watch an anime! But that might be my only choice...

Why did I have to forget about Gravitation in time to miss all the available English subs?!
Old 06-19-2012
Whiskey Icarus

Blurb: Yet another 5 star post

It took me 5 seconds to find it with google. You must be bad at this.
Old 06-19-2012

Blurb: Can't blame a girl for trying to make a little cash.

You could always try goodanime.net, Emelinee for the English subs of Gravitation.
Old 06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shirtless Gibby View Post
Rant: People who have the balls to call themselves authors and then completely mess up the character names. This truly bothers me. I could live with the messed characterization because that is just humorous is so many ways, but the fact that the names are just wrong is annoying. It's Kaiba, not Kiba, Kibia, Kibya, or anything remotely spelled this way.
M Night Shamalamadingdong calls himself a director, but still made Avatar: the Last Airbender into a movie. He also royally messed that up.

Ong.