Thread: Metal Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010
Whiskey Icarus

Blurb: Yet another 5 star post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandapat View Post
Killshot, I originally wasn't going to mention them in my countdown because they do Hard Rock. but I've been seeing comments that say that it's pretty heavy. and some that say its some decent "metal". thats why I asked
Korn practically invented Nu-metal. While you could make the argument that Nu-metal isn't metal either, even if you did consider them metal they shouldn't be in a top 10 list of anything. Nu-metal is almost universally awful (see Deftones comment above) and Korn are no longer in their prime. Now its just a bunch of 40 year old guys still singing about high school angst. If by "pretty heavy" you mean sad and pathetic, by all means put them on the list. Just look at this video before you even consider ranking them. Even if you overlook the fact that they totally jumped the shark here by shooting this video in a corn field, you have to admit this sounds pretty weak. I used to like Korn when I was younger so believe me when I say this is garbage compared to their earlier work (which wasn't that good to begin with.)

Its your list so do whatever you want with it, but don't expect people to take you seriously when you put bands like Korn in a list of top metal albums.