View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008

Well, I see no good reason for me to wait to debate just because of a time warp. I move that, pending the wiped posts being restored, we discuss just why God, assuming of course that He does exist, would need us to go through all this if He knows whether or not we will be saved or not. Omniscience and all. To set the ball rolling, I'll play the Devil's Advacote (Or, as is the case here, the Christian's Advocate, I suppouse...)

Even though God may know everything that will ever happen to you and thus knows exactly what you will become, it matters not at all. To make an analogy:

Suppouse there was a Martial Arts master, the strongest man on the planet. One day, the master is walking down the street when he sees an 8 year old child. Now, this master can tell from experience (One way or another, it doesn't matter) that the child will grow up to be the greatest warrior ever known. Does this mean, then, that the master should immediately give up his title to the child? Of course not. The child is still, after all, a child. He may become the strongest, but he hasn't become so yet.

So it is with God and humans. The fact that God knows whether or not you will be saved or not is irrelavent. You still have to go through your life and experience the hardships, the happiness, all of it so that you will become what you were fated to be. So, in conclusion, it is perfectly logical for you to have to go through your life, whatever it may be like, until you are judged and sent to Heaven or Hell. You still have to become what you are fated to be, not continue on as you are now.

I hope my analogy made sense. I believe it is relevant, if not perfectly fitting to the situation.